Theatre and Dance Day
Monday, November 19
Schedules are subject to change very slightly in the coming weeks
- Registration and Continental Breakfast
- Welcome to the College
Paul Cramer, VP of Enrollment
- Theatre Programming
The Tempest Theatre
- Introduction of Theatre & Dance faculty and student officers
- Sit in and participate in physical and vocal work in TH165 (Basic Acting) class with Prof. Terri Mastrobuono
10:30 a.m. – Break
- Information session with Dr. Michael Swanson, Director of Theatre and Dance, Prof. Richard Wolf-Spencer, Theatre Technical Director, Prof. Mastrobuono and officers from Sock & Buskin (drama club) and Alpha Psi Omega (Theatre Honorary Society)
- Workshop in movement and dance with Professor Kristin Pontz Dance studio
- Workshop with Professor Wolf-Spencer in Theatre Technology and Design
- Workshop with Dr. Swanson in Vocal Work or Directing
- Lunch with Current Students and Faculty
- Tour of theatre spaces, led by student volunteers; ending in Tempest Theatre
- Theatre and Dance division wrap-up
- Admissions and Financial Aid Process Overview
Paul Cramer, VP of Enrollment, Elizabeth McCloud, Director of Financial Aid
- Campus Tours (optional) and Other Campus Appointments (optional)
The Theatre and Dance Division of the Elizabethtown College Department of Fine and Performing Arts is a vibrant part of campus life. Our students -- and students from other disciplines -- showcase their talent throughout the year in numerous productions ranging from the contemporary to the classic -- as well as originals. That's right. You'll get to write and direct plays as part of our hands-on curriculum.
Students will be able to study the craft of acting or directing -- or the craft in scenic, lighting, costume or sound design. Our majors can choose to concentrate in performance or theatre technology. We also offer a theatre minor in both concentrations. We also offer courses in dance and are home to the campus's largest student club, the dance group Emotion.
Theatre Day will offer prospective students a unique perspective into the program that shapes Elizabethtown students into professionals both on the stage and behind the scenes.