About the Department
The Department of Communications at Elizabethtown College will prepare you for an exciting career in radio, television, corporate communications, public relations, marketing, and social media. Our alums are leaders in the communications field having found jobs and internships at companies such as ESPN, MTV, NBC-10 Philadelphia, B 101 FM, WGAL-TV, National Football Post, PA Breast Cancer Coalition and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Hands-on learning, personal attention,
and academic excellence are hallmarks of our program.
Some schools make you wait to use the television and radio equipment until you're a junior or senior. From the first day you step onto campus you can use the equipment and take part in all of the media opportunities the Department has to offer.
Get experience working in front of the camera and behind the scenes at ECTV-40 putting together your own television shows.
Want to be on the radio? Try your hand at being a DJ on WWEC 88.3.
Like to write stories? Why not be a reporter or editor for The Etownian, the College's student newspaper.
Write for our magazine the Jay Crew.
If you're interested in multi-media, you can create and post stories for our online citizen journalism website wetown.org.
We welcome you to explore our site and visit our campus to learn about the many opportunities offered in the Elizabethtown College Department of Communications, you just might surprise yourself!
Student Learning Outcomes
Students with a bachelor's degree in Communications will be able to:
- Write effective communication materials for a variety of contexts.
- Effectively demonstrate competencies in oral communication.
- Demonstrate competencies in media production.
- Use critical thinking skills in the application of communication theories.
- Plan and implement communication productions that address organizational challenges.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities through effective program and production management including independent, experiential learning, and collaborative endeavors.
- Conduct all work in an ethical manner.