Recent graduate Danielle Fishman presents music education research at the state music educators conference.
Students who graduate from the music education program are certified to teach K-12 by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Licensure is transferrable to other states. Students who have graduated from the music education program at Elizabethtown College have gone on to teach at public and private schools and pursue work at prestigious graduate schools.
Among our most recent graduates (within the last two years):
- Four are employed by the Frederick County (Maryland) School System as general music instructors.
- One is employed by Baltimore County School System as a general music educator.
- One is employed by a private school as a general music and choral instructor.
- One is pursuing graduate school in composition at Penn State University.
- One is employed as a long-term music substitute teacher in Harrisburg, PA.
- One has been employed as a trainer with Apple Computers.