Alpha Hall was the first building constructed on Elizabethtown College's campus. At the time the college officially opened in 1899, classes were actually held in a small building in downtown Elizabethtown. In 1901, Alpha Hall was completed, and it was the hub of the college. Everything took place in Alpha. It was a dormitory, it was a library, and classes were taught in it. For a time, Alpha Hall was Elizabethtown College.
As the college grew, however, Alpha began to take on a different role. It is now an administrative building, housing many different departments including, but not limited to, the office of the President, the offices of human resources, and the offices of Marketing and Communication.
Offices in Alpha Hall:
- Office of the President
- Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President
- Dean of Faculty
- Marketing and Communications
- Human Resources
- V.P. for Administration and Finance
- Payroll/Student Employment
- Institutional Advancement
- Office of Research and Planning
- Susquehanna Valley Ministry Center
- Development Office