Flooding Hazard Update
Updated 9-8-11 3:00 p.m.
- The College has not experienced significant damage as a result of the recent weather event. The campus and buildings will continue to be monitored throughout the day and evening.
- The College will be open and classes will resume tomorrow, Friday, Sept. 9 at 8 a.m.
- Stay tuned to the College website, social media outlets and hotline for information updates.
Updated 9-8-11 8:30 a.m.
- High Library will be closed today due to weather conditions. Continue to follow campus email and EC alerts for updates.
- ATTENTION STUDENTS: Some safety updates:
- Remain indoors --residences and BSC (for safety)
- Avoid Lake Placida and Dell areas
- Check with Res Life staff for any res hall updates or special instructions related to individual buildings
- Report any facility or safety concerns to the Office of Res Life at ext 1197
Updated 9-8-11 8 a.m.
- Elizabethtown College will be closed today, Thursday, September 8. Essential personnel should report. Stay tuned to the college website, hotline and EC Alert for further information.
Updated 9-7-11 4:45 p.m.
- Weather threat has subsided. Thunderstorms forecasted to produce less than 1 inch of rain. Students should remain in their rooms through the evening hours until flood threat has passed.
- Elizabethtown Borough is in recovery phase of weather emergency.
Updated 9-7-11 4:30 p.m.
- All evening activities on the Elizabethtown College campus have been postponed or cancelled – this includes, but is not limited to, club meetings, tutoring and use of the Thompson Gym.
- If clubs would like to schedule meetings in residence halls or in the BSC they are welcome to do so, but all other campus buildings are closed.
Updated 9-7-11 3:30 p.m.
- All residential students should return to their residence halls immediately. Elizabethtown Borough has mandated that all borough residents remain in their homes. This includes resident students. Students should check in with their resident hall staff for further instructions.
- Commuter students should report to the BSC. Temporary provisions are being made to accommodate commuter students.
- The Brown lot is NOT flooded and students should NOT attempt to retrieve their vehicles.
- Dining service remains open.
Updated 9-7-11 2 p.m.
- Day and evening classes at Elizabethtown College are CANCELLED – beginning at 2 p.m. -- due to intense weather situations and flooding.
- Beginning at 2 pm, employees of the College may leave campus for the day. Please exercise extreme caution when driving and do not attempt to cross areas of standing water. Essential personnel are to remain on campus.
- Penn State Hershey Medical Group – Elizabethtown Office on Continental Drive is presently closed due to street flooding. If you had an appointment call 717-361-0666 before going. If you need alternate care, call the after-hours triage nurse through Campus Security at 717-361-1264
- Due to continued rain, College Avenue is closed from Leffler Chapel and Performance Center to Campus Road.
- Students with cars in the Brown Lot should NOT attempt to retrieve their vehicles.
- The College is in communication with the Borough of Elizabethtown and will share additional information as it becomes available.
- Due to intense weather conditions, High Library is closing at 3 p.m. High Library will reopen tomorrow morning, Thursday, Sept. 8, at 7:45 a.m.