World Affairs Council hosts 9/11 Conference Sept. 8
World Affairs Council of Harrisburg will host its Annual September Conference on September 8, 2012 at Elizabethtown College in the Susquehanna Room from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The conference keynote speaker will be Tom Lippman, former Washington Post Middle East Bureau Chief.The conference's theme will be: AFTER BIN LADEN: STUXNET, DRONES AND THE NEW MIDDLE EAST
The cost is $45 for The World Affairs Council of Harrisburg Associates, which includes lunch. Cost for the general public is $55.00 which also includes lunch. For students with proper school identification, it is free to attend the lecture.
- Kaveh Basmenji, Executive Editor, Voice of America's Persian News Network
- Dr. Larry P. Goodson, Professor of Middle East Studies, Department of National Security and Strategy, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks
- Dr. Amy Gaudion, Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, Penn State University, Dickinson School of Law & School of International Affairs
- Siamak Dehghanpour – Television News Host, Voice of America Persian News Network
- Joyce Davis, President, World Affairs Councils of Harrisburg; author and former foreign editor and correspondent for National Public Radio, Knight Ridder Newspapers; former Associate Director of Broadcasting, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
- Christopher J. Dolan, Associate Professor of Political Science and International Studies; Director of the International Studies Program, Lebanon Valley College
- Dr. Oya Ozkanca (pictured to the right), Assistant Professor, Political Science; Director of International Affairs minor; Elizabethtown College
- Rev. Dr. David Johnson, Co-chair of the Middle East Interest Group in Lancaster, Board of the Lancaster Interchurch Peace Witness, the Leadership Council of Churches for Middle East Peace in Washington, D.C.