The Elizabethtown College Student Handbook
The Student Handbook is your official introduction to important resources and is your guide to Elizabethtown College policies, community standards and expectations for individual student conduct. The policies and procedures of the Student Handbook will reviewed periodically and are subject to change. Students are encouraged to check this page for notifications of important revisions. The Student Handbook PDF on this page is the official version.
Student Handbook 2014-15 Revisions
The Student Handbook 14-15 was revised on 10-17-14 to add additional language to the following Student Code of Conduct item (additional language is italicized):
"19. Unauthorized possession, use or sharing of College resources including but not limited to college keys, ID cards, access codes, College electronic resources and the unauthorized entry or use of College premises, including entering/exiting/passing through a window or hatch."
Revisions are on page 36.
The Student Handbook 14-15 was revised on 12-03-14 to include the updated Elizabethtown College Pledge of Integrity:
“I pledge to respect all members of the Elizabethtown College community, and to act as a responsible member of the College community. I pledge to respect the free exchange of ideas both inside and outside the classroom. I pledge to represent as my work only that which is indeed my own, refraining from all forms of lying, plagiarizing, cheating, and academic dishonesty. As members of the Elizabethtown College community, we hold each other responsible in the maintaining of these values.”
– adopted in 2014 by Elizabethtown College students and faculty.
Revisions are on page 7.
The Student Handbook 14-15 was revised on 01-12-15 to include updated language regarding snow and inclement weather communications:
"Snow and Inclement Weather Notification
During snow and extreme weather, the College will follow established procedures regarding classes and other scheduled on-campus events. It is important for students to be aware of the following:
- In inclement weather, classes at Elizabethtown College typically will meet as scheduled. On an individual basis, classes may be canceled or postponed if a faculty member is unable to safely travel to campus. If this occurs, faculty members are requested to notify their students and Campus Security.
- If the normal schedule of classes and work is delayed or if campus is closed and classes are cancelled, a decision is made, if possible, by 5:30am.
- Delay: Classes scheduled during the time of delay do not meet; all other classes meet at their regularly scheduled times.
- Closing: No classes will be held; campus events and home athletic events are cancelled; and all administrative and department offices are closed (with the exceptions outlined below).
- Announcements regarding changes in the overall class schedule resulting from inclement weather will be made electronically through an EC-Alert outreach text, through social media outlets and by a campus-wide Headline News e-mail, and/or on the College website. Additionally, local media outlets may be notified, but members of the campus community are encouraged to first check text, social media, College e-mail, the College website, or to call the College Hotline at 717-361-1988 or ext. 1988 for updated information.
- Dining Services, Campus Security and other essential campus services will remain open regardless of the weather. Student workers in these areas are expected to report, even if they have to be late. If, for safety or personal reasons, they cannot reach campus, they are expected to call their supervisor."
Updates are on page 20.