Theme Dinners and Events
Dining Services is proud to play a part in some of our students' most well-remembered E-town traditions. Our staff participates in many special events through the academic year, including theme dinners where we deck out the Marketplace and dress up.
FALL 2012 EVENTS
- Convocation and the All-campus Picnic - Tuesday August 28th, 2012
- Homecoming Candlelight Buffet Dinner - Saturday October October 20th, 2012
- Halloween Spooktacular Dinner - Wednesday October 31st, 2012
- Student Thanksgiving Dinner - Wednesday November 14th, 2012
- Student Holiday Meal - Wednesday December 5th, 2012
- Final Exam Treats (late night snacks) - Monday December 10, 2012
SPRING 2013 EVENTS
- Food Show/Theme Meal - this event is co-sponsored by our main supplier, John Gross & Co. - February 27th, 2013 - THIS YEAR'S THEME IS COMIC BOOK SUPER HEROES!
- TGIS (Thank Goodness It's Spring) Weekend Picnic - Saturday, April 27th, 2013
- Spring Exam Treats (late night snacks) - Monday, May 6th, 2013
- Reflections by the Lake - Friday May 17th, 2013
- Commencement - Saturday May 18th, 2013
Most alumni of the College will tell you that one of the most fondly remembered traditions at E-town is the annual Thanksgiving dinner. We go all out for our students. White linens line the tables and staff and faculty serve meals to the students, who enjoy a family-style meal together. After the dinner, another College tradition is enjoyed: the annual holiday tree lighting. Here are images from the 2010 meal: