Student Wellness Advocacy Group
We are currently accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Applications are due by March 28, 2014.
Click Here to Apply Today!
Elizabethtown College Student Wellness Advocacy Group (SWAG) are students who serve the college community by promoting awareness of options and services for a healthier lifestyle. We also support and encourage positive, informed choices, believing that a healthier lifestyle now will promote future well-being.
S.W.A.G. provides educational opportunities on current health issues for their peers in the residence halls, and in the campus community. This is done through hall programs, outreach programming for Student Health, or in collaboration with another campus group.
Responsibilities of S.W.A.G.
• Attend training sessions in August and January.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and other committee meetings when necessary.
• Plan, prepare, implement, and participate in campus wide programs for the school year including Take Care Tuesdays and more.
• Collaborate with the Student Wellness staff to discuss ideas, concerns, problems and teaching techniques.
• Develop and implement programs on wellness and health awareness.
• Be a role model through modeling acceptable behavior, and maintain a good awareness of current health issues.
• Advocate for Student Wellness.
Getting involved in S.W.A.G.
S.W.A.G. members have the opportunity to become certified peer educators through the Bacchus & Gamma Network curriculum. Upon completion of training and passing of a test, each student is the recognized as a nationally certified peer educator.
For information in joining S.W.A.G. email firstname.lastname@example.org
See Amanda Cheetham at Student Wellness for more information or call 717-361-1123.