MicroFridge Rental Agreement*
Campus Residence Association of Elizabethtown College
I do hereby agree to rent one MicroFridge unit from the Campus Residence Association (CRA) according to the following terms:
1. CRA shall, during said agreement, keep and maintain the MicroFridge in good working condition, reasonable wear and tear alone excepted. CRA will, at its own expense, replace or repair any unit if the unit does not operate normally, except those that are damaged through misuse, negligence, carelessness, or irresponsible use.
2. Any charges incurred will be billed to the student’s Elizabethtown College student charge account.
3. If a student cancels their order for a MicroFridge before checking into their room, they will (at minimum) be charged the costs of moving the unit, not to be less than $10 or more than $30. CRA is not obligated to grant refunds at any time, and will do so only in limited circumstances and at its own discretion. After the beginning of the semester, refunds will not be granted for contract cancellations, including but not limited to room or roommate changes for any reason.
4. The student listed on the MicroFridge order form shall reimburse CRA for any and all loss or damage to the MicroFridge from any cause whatsoever, including, but not limited to, damages caused by misuse, negligence, carelessness, or irresponsible use. If legal action is required, the student shall reimburse CRA for reasonable attorney fees. Replacement cost for the MicroFridge shall be $500.
5. The issued unit shall not be removed from the campus address listed on the MicroFridge order form without obtaining prior written permission from the Campus Residence Association. If the unit is moved, a $25 charge per person will be assessed.
6. The student listed on the MicroFridge Rental Agreement form understands that the MicroFridge requires a grounded outlet. If an extension cord is used, it must be a heavy-duty extension cord (no less than #18 wire).
7. Should the student listed on the MicroFridge Rental Agreement or his/her roommate, jointly or individually, change housing location at any point during the rental period, a) CRA must be notified via email (email@example.com) and b) a room change agreement must be completed. Failure to comply will result in a $25 charge per renter.
8. CRA is not responsible for handling conflicts arising between roommates regarding monetary matters or which individual is entitled to the MicroFridge should roommates cease living together, for any reason. If for any reason, the student listed on the MicroFridge Rental Agreement wishes to return the unit before the end of the academic year, no refunds will be given.
9. At the time that CRA collects the MicroFridge it must be emptied, fully-cleaned, and defrosted. Failure to clean the MicroFridge unit will result in a $25 cleaning charge billed to each student listed on the MicroFridge Rental Agreement. Units that show signs of extreme neglect due to lack of proper cleaning may incur additional charges up to $50 per person.
*This is a copy of the MicroFridge rental agreement for informational purposes only. The contract agreed-to upon submission of the rental agreement shall be the version that the rental agreement is based upon.