Housing Selection 2017
All students must resolve their business office accounts by Feb. 28 in order to register for a lottery number and be eligible to participate in housing selection.
Specialty Housing and LLC Housing Applications:
Single Room: Closed
Triple Room: Closed
Block Housing: Closed
Premium Double Room: Closed
LLC and Theme Housing: Closed
View Housing Selection Information 2017 for detailed information and instructions.
Check out the ILU and Specialty Housing Options
All current residential students are able to select their housing for the upcoming year through an online lottery system. Students are given lottery numbers based on their total number of credits. Students log onto JayWeb at their designated time and select from the list of housing available at that time. Students must also select a roommate in order to choose housing.
A certain number of rooms within each residence hall floor community are dedicated solely to new students. Returning students may select any available room by following the room selection procedures. These procedures are reviewed and revised annually, and traditionally involve selection based on a random lottery system. All room assignments are made without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin.
Rising Junior and Senior students wishing to live in the Apartments or Quads need to register through JayWeb for ILU Selection and select three roommates. Preference for apartments and quads is given based on the class standing of each member of the group, and on the best lottery number for that group. Only Juniors and Seniors are eligible to live in the Apartments or Quads. Groups of less than four students or groups containing ineligible students will not be considered.
For more information on the LLCs available to upperclassmen for the 2017-2018 year, please visit the Living Learning Community page. Follow the above link to complete a housing request for an LLC.
Students wishing to live off campus for any reason must apply and be approved through the Office of Residence Life prior to Housing Selection. Please see the "Off-Campus and Commuter" webpage under "Info for Current Students."
Housing Selection Timeline
- Feb 1 - SDLC applications available on Residence Life website
- Feb 13 - Fall Housing Intention Survey available on JayWeb
- Feb 28 - Business Office accounts must be resolved in order to register
- Feb 28 - Registration for lottery numbers begins through JayWeb
- Feb 28 - Students can begin adding roommate requests to JayWeb (required)
- Feb 28 - LLC and specialty housing applications available on the Residence Life website
- Feb 28 - ILU (Apartments, Quads, and Brinser Suites) applications available on JayWeb
- Feb 28- SDLC applications DUE by 5:00 pm
- Mar 17 - ILU, LLC, and specialty housing applications DUE by noon
- Mar 21 - SDLC applicants notified
- Mar 24- SDLC acceptances due
- Mar 29 - ILU, LLC, and specialty housing applicants notified of status
- Mar 31 - Housing selection timeslots posted
- Apr 3 - ILU online housing selection, 3 to 10 p.m.
- Apr 4 - LLC online housing selection, 3 to 10 p.m.
Apr 5 - Rising Seniors traditional room selection, 3 to 10 p.m.
- Apr 6 - Rising Juniors traditional room selection, 3 to 10 p.m.
Apr 7 - Rising Sophomores traditional room selection, 3 to 10 p.m.
- Apr 12 - Specialty housing applicants notified of housing assignments
- Apr 28 - 3 p.m. Deadline for all students in housing to be registered for 12+ Credits in order to maintain selected housing