Why Study Abroad?
Studying abroad during your college education is one of the smartest decisions you will ever make. It will change your life profoundly and increase your employment options significantly. Not only will you learn about the world, you will learn about yourself in ways you never imagined.
Studying abroad isn't just about going to class in a different country. It's about experiencing another culture from the inside out, putting yourself in a completely unfamiliar situation and learning how to adjust and adapt. It is an essential part to becoming globally competent and aware.
Here are some other reasons to study abroad:
- You will be part of an elite minority of US students who have overseas experience (less than 3% of US students study abroad)
- You will meet people who you would never meet if you stayed in Elizabethtown
- There is no better way to learn a language than to immerse yourself in it 24/7
- You will get views about American culture that will help you see yourself and your country in a whole new light
- You will learn to adapt in ways you never thought possible before
- You will experience other cultures rather than just read about them – you will become globally competent