Answers to Articles Tutorial
1. The Battle of Gettysburg was a major event in the American Civil War.
2. She needs a vacation.
3. President Bush rallied support for the War on Terror after the attacks of September 11.
4. His book won the Pulitzer Prize.
5. Her book won a prestigious award.
6. If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, then a vitamin a day can’t hurt.
7. The president’s first health-care plan did not pass, but a compromise plan eventually became law.
8. The stock market had one if its worst days today, but a good day could follow soon.
9. The Help is a wonderful book, and an excerpt is posted online.
10. Three Mile Island was the site of the country’s worst nuclear accident.
11. The housing market was in a major slump during the recession that began in 2008.
12. I hope you see that using an article isn’t that difficult if you take the time to learn how.