Answers to Commas, Colons and Semicolons Tutorials
1. We’ve all heard of love at first sight, but I fell in love at first joke.
2. When Ronald Reagan ran for president in 1980, he began the campaign as the Republican frontrunner.
3. As you know, we are prepared to fight until the bitter end.
4. While we were eating, a groundhog ran into the yard.
5. He makes sense, but the current system is not a failure.
6. As a matter of fact, American football was created by fans who wanted to play a more organized game of rugby.
7. “I think I look good in this dress,” she said.
8. The pavement was littered with trash, glass, and broken plastic.
9. On September 11, 2001, terrorists attacked the United States.
10, Personal computers, which are in every house nowadays, were unheard of in the 1970s.
1. It rained yesterday; I was soaking wet as a result.
2. Morale is low on our team; it has been that way all season.
3. The job market is improving; however, many recent college graduates remain nervous.
1. My roommate is constantly complaining of two things: loud music and my smelly uniform.
2. There are three reasons he looks old: wrinkles, thinning hair, and bad knees.
3. My morning routine includes the following: a cup of coffee, a light breakfast, a short workout, and a hot shower.
4. Consider these words from a great American patriot: “Live free or die.” The following is also acceptable--Consider these words from a great American patriot, “Live free or die.”