Called to Lead Program - Goal $750,000
Leadership is a valuable and necessary skill to succeed in an increasingly competitive world. To best prepare students for life after college, we have to provide them opportunities for leadership skill development. Our motto is Educate for Service and our Called to Lead program on campus truly embraces that motto.
Called to Lead is a nationally recognized program designed to empower students to engage in self-exploration, clarify their vocational calling, discover their individual leadership strengths, and practice visionary servant leadership through community based experiences. It also provides our students access to purposeful life work retreats to help them navigate life after college successfully.
With almost 30% of our students participating in community-based learning opportunities, Called to Lead supports students interested in engaging in meaningful work in the community. Our students crave leadership development opportunities both on and off campus, and they gravitate towards programs that allow them the freedom to engage in activities that best fulfill their needs and interests.
Over 400 students participate annually in Called to Lead programming and events, representing every year, major, and extracurricular group on campus. Students love the freedom that Called to Lead affords them, as well as the opportunity for self-exploration and growth. Students said Called to Lead “motivated,” “challenged,” “inspired,” “empowered,” and “greatly influenced” them to become a leader during college, and ultimately after graduation. Other students said that Called to Lead “opened doors” for them and pushed them to “bigger and better things.”
The following giving opportunities would support continued development of the Elizabethtown College Called to Lead program:
- $500,000 to name the Called to Lead Program
- $250,000 to endow $10,000 each year to sponsor 30 student leaders and their faculty, staff, or alumni mentors in an experience related to justice, spirituality, and human dignity
- $100,000 to endow $4,000 each year to sponsor more than 100 students, faculty, and staff on vocation and spiritual life retreats connected to the mission of our College
- $75,000 to endow $3,000 each year to sponsor an Educate for Service Leader-in-Residence to give a large public lecture, speak in multiple academic classes, and hold workshops with student leaders
- $50,000 to endow $2,000 each year to award one exceptional student leader an imagination grant to craft a unique summer leadership experience that will change his or her life
- $25,000 to endow a $1,000 each year to support one emerging student leader in an educational experience related to leadership for noble purposes that benefit others, or support student leadership awards
Give Now to the Annual Fund.
Your gift to the Annual Fund ensures that we're funding the areas of greatest need for our students. Provide for the future of Elizabethtown College. Thank you!
Want to make an Inspired Gift?
Interested in making a gift to a specific priority? Contact us to learn more about giving and naming opportunities within the Elizabethtown College campaign.