Services for International Students
International students are an active and important part of the Elizabethtown College Community. If you are interested in applying for admission to Elizabethtown College as a degree-seeking student, please visit the College's Admissions Office for information pertaining to application procedures and relevant deadlines.
The Office of International Students provides a broad range of support for all international students at Elizabethtown College. One of the most important and perhaps the most visible roles of the office is in assisting new students upon arrival to the United States by providing orientation sessions and a New International Student Seminar that is specifically designed with international students needs in mind. The office also helps students with visa requirements and outlining the benefits for F-1 international students and J-1 exchange students.
If you are unsure where to find a particular service on campus or how to navigate through student requirements, our staff can provide direction and explain which offices and departments are relevant to your query or problem. Throughout the year, we will send messages to you about social events, information sessions, important deadlines, and international student issues such as Winter Break housing, summer storage, and tax requirements. Our goal is for you to feel comfortable reaching out to us with questions, concerns, and/or when you simply want to chat.
Some of our services are best requested via email so we have a record of your exact request and the date you made the request. Following are services you can request by email:
● verification letters for applications to the Social Security administration and Pennsylvania's Department of Transportation
● verification letters for students who must document long-term enrollment or visa status for their home government for purposes of postponing military service, exemption from national health insurance, and similar
● verification letters for students whose family members need supporting documentation for tourist visa applications to visit for graduation
● follow-up information from orientation about applying for a Social Security number, Pennsylvania ID card/driver license
● answers to questions about F-1 and J-1 visa regulations
● F-1 students only: general information about off-campus employment authorization
● F-1 students only: updates to your US or home country address for your SEVIS record
● F-1 students only: transfer of your SEVIS record to another US school
Other services are best handled face-to-face. Contact us to schedule a meeting for the following:
● questions and problems related to your adjustment to US life
● official signatures on immigration forms
● questions about how F-1 and J-1 regulations apply to your specific situation and plans
● F-1 students only: changes to the program or financial information on your I-20 form, including changes of major, graduation date, and financial aid