For Incoming Students
In May, all incoming students who have submitted their admissions deposit will complete a Preference Profile that helps us to match you with a roommate.
You are also welcome to request someone you know as a roommate. Many of our incoming students meet other students during orientation days, through athletics teams or social media, or know each other from high school. If you already have a roommate in mind you may both request each other on the Housing Preference Profile on JayWeb. All roommate requests must be submitted on the Housing Preference Profile and are due by June 24.
Once you have submitted your housing preferences and the Residency Agreement, housing assignments will be made.
During the first week of August, you will receive an email informing you that your housing assignment and roommate are listed on JayWeb. Below are the instructions on how to access your housing assignment and how to find contact information for your roommate.
How to find your housing assignment
To access your JayWeb account watch this short, instructional video or follow the instructions below:
1. Go to JayWeb by clicking the link.
2. Log in using your Etown email and password that you activated in May.
3. Click on "student" near the top of the page.
4. Click on "housing" in the left-hand menu.
At this point your housing and roommate assignments will appear.
How to find your roommate's email address
1. Go to your Etown Outlook Email by following the link and clicking on the "Email" button.
2. Log in using your username (your Etown email address without the @etown.edu) and password that you activated in May.
3. Click on "find someone" at the top right of the screen.
4. Type in your roommate's last name, first name (you may have to turn off your pop-up blocker). Your roommate's email address will appear in the box.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-361-1197.