Important Dates *
- January 15 - Completed Application and Honors Interview priority deadline
- March 15 - Completed Application and Honors Interview final deadline
- April 1 - Decisions sent to applicants
- May 1 - Response to invitations and deposits due to the Admissions Office
*Please note: The 2020 application deadline has been extended to April 1.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements to be Considered for Honors Program Membership:
- Combined critical reading and mathematics score of at least 1200 on the SAT (with neither score below 550) or equivalent on another standardized test (TOEFL, ACT)
- Unweighted GPA minimum of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or a weighted GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- If you do not meet one of the two previous requirement, then you must submit an essay that the Honors Dean will consider. Please address the following topic: The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did you navigate that situation and move forward?
- Application and honors interview completed preferably by January 15, with a final deadline of March 15
- To apply to the Honors Program, request to be considered for Honors Program membership on your general application to Elizabethtown College. Selecting the Honors Program check box on the application form. If you've already applied and didn't check the Honors box, notify the Admissions Office via phone or email that you wish to be considered. We do not consider applicants who have not been accepted to the College.
- Arrange an Honors interview with an Admissions Counselor prior to March 15. The College prefers that the application and Honors interview be completed prior to January 15, but will also consider applicants that meet the March 15 final deadline.
- The Honors Committee reviews completed applications of qualified students on a rolling basis.
- Applicants will receive a final decision no later than April 1. If you receive an invitation to join the program you must respond either "yes" or "no" and return the invitation response card and your deposit to the Admissions Office by May 1. After that date, applicants on the waiting list will be offered the unclaimed membership positions.
Transfer student applications are welcome. Please notify the admissions office that you wish to be considered for the Honors Program. If you have no prior honors program experience at your previous institution, we ask that you complete an interview with the admissions counselor and require a 3.5 cumulative GPA for college level work. If you do not meet the cumulative 3.5 GPA requirement, you are welcome to submit an essay that the Honors Dean will consider. Please address the following topic: The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did you navigate that situation and move forward?
We also accept students who were members of Honors Programs at their previous institutions and whose cumulative GPA matches or exceeds the Honors Program minimum cut-off for the number of credits earned. The program accepts your honors credits from the transferring institution with a grade of B or higher. We will apply these credits toward your honors requirements at Elizabethtown College.