Find Your Path to Success
There is more than one path to success. Tell us where you are, and we’ll meet you. Tell us where you want to go, and we’ll get there together.
Whether you’re looking to advance your career, complete your degree, or start a new chapter in life, the Elizabethtown College School of Graduate and Professional Studies will give you the skills, support, and credentials you’ll need to move up and move ahead. This is where potential meets practice. Where world-ready education meets hometown attention. It’s over a century of Elizabethtown College excellence combined with the access and flexibility lifelong learners demand.
With more than 30 accelerated associate, bachelor’s, certificate, and graduate programs available in both in-person and online formats, we provide the options that work for you. Don’t just take the next step. Leap forward.View our Programsarrow_right_alt
The shared values, vision, and mission of SGPS can be found deeply embedded in our DNA. Each day, we make the decision to support our learners, showcase the energy to help them succeed, and take action to inspire through education, create a sense of belonging, and celebrate their success.
- Expand access to the unique benefits of an Elizabethtown College education to new constituencies through innovative programming, formatting, and distance learning, thereby increasing the number of non-traditional learners in the College's learning community.
- Develop and administer quality academic programs and activities, with the goals of advancement of student learning outcomes and student achievement of programmatic and institutional learning goals.
- Offer support and guidance to adult students as they progress through their degree program and achieve their goal of graduation.
- Maintain and advance the liberal arts core values of Elizabethtown College.
- Educate and develop the regional workforce through relevant professional and liberal arts learning experiences that increase worker and employer productivity, and thus, to "educate for service".
- Help lead, by responsible example, the Elizabethtown College learning community in successfully meeting the higher education challenges of the 21st century.
- Support and advance the College's strategic goal of stewardship of resources by increasing departmental revenues while controlling costs in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Value and nurture in the School's staff the qualities necessary to meet these objectives and the qualities necessary for full, personal development.
The School of Graduate and Professional Studies has been a leader in adult education since 1951 and was among the founding institutions in the consortium of colleges at the Dixon University Center in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Over the last seven decades, SGPS has grown from teaching a few evening classes to the robust program portfolio it offers today. SGPS launched its first fully online major in 2010 and established its first graduate program in 2012. Since then, the School has continously developed new, in-demand programs, now offering more than 25 fully online programs along with several programs delivered in a hybrid format. In July 2021, the School also updated the previously named School of Continuing and Professional Studies to it's current name, School of Graduate and Professional Studies, along with creating a new branding suite.View More History of Elizabethtown Collegearrow_right_alt
What Sets Us Apart
Signature Program Features
- Undergraduate classes run for five-week sessions; graduate courses run for eight-week sessions.
- Students are able take one course at a time, promoting work-life balance.
- Online courses let you learn in the comfort and convenience of your home.
- Instructors with real-world experience bring relevant, current work experience to the classroom.
- Credits transferred from prior college work help you finish your degree faster.
- Step In/Step Out option allows you to set the pace for your learning and degree completion.