Admission Requirements - Undergraduate
ADMISSIONS DEADLINE FOR SPRING SESSION 1 - DECEMBER 13, 2021
The accelerated adult degree program through Elizabethtown College's School of Graduate and Professional Studies offers a rigorous academic setting and provides students with the tools to help them advance in their profession and to achieve their academic goals.
To enter either an associate or bachelor's program, you will need to:
- have graduated from high school or earned a GED.
- have writing ability sufficient for success in an accelerated academic program. Writing is an essential component of this program. You will be asked to write an essay that demonstrates your ability to write clearly, use proper grammar and organize your writing into correct compositional expression.
- have the time to devote to your coursework. Course requirements in a five-week accelerated class can be as high as 20 hours per week.
- Successful completion of some college coursework is strongly suggested prior to entering an accelerated program, but not required.
How to Apply
to the Program
Please feel free to contact or meet with our admissions team at any point during the application process. Our admissions staff is not only a great resource to guide you through the process and answer questions, they are skilled at helping our applicants find the best program and options to help them reach their goals!
How to Apply: Complete the undergraduate application via the online portal which includes:
- Requesting official transcripts of all previous college work
- Applicants who have no previous college coursework must submit official high school or GED transcripts.
- Uploading a current resume
- Uploading an essay
- Your essay should be double-spaced and should follow accepted English usage standards, including sentence and paragraph structure, appropriate punctuation and correct spelling. Please be sure to proofread thoroughly.
- The essay should address:
- your understanding of a rigorous accelerated program
- how you envision incorporating into your life the time necessary to meet the program's demands
- your own story; tell us about yourself, including your professional and academic goals
What Happens Next?
After receiving your admissions materials, the SGPS Management Team will make an admissions decision. Should you be accepted, an initial offer letter with be delivered via the applicant portal. You must "accept" your admission offer to proceed toward matriculating into your program. If we have questions or concerns, we will be in touch with you for further discussion. We look forward to partnering with you to achieve your educational goals.