M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
Designed for certified in-service teachers (PK-12), the online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction (MCI) prepares students for Level II Certification. Offered through partnership with the College's Education Department, the MCI program allows candidates to customize their degree path by selecting a specialized area of study – Integrative STEM, ESL, Interdisciplinary Autism Support, or Trauma-Informed Practice.
Candidates begin with their specialized content and then complete advanced coursework that emphasizes a constructivist approach, promoting project-based assessments, social-emotional learning, applied practice, and action research.
- Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum mapping, theory, models, and pedagogical approaches.
- Apply these models, theories, and pedagogical approaches in their own practice, across sociocultural contexts, and in diverse learning environments.
- Display commitment and leadership for building learning communities through collaborative strategies and among key stakeholders, including students, parents, educators, and staff.
- Use and apply formal and informal assessment strategies to promote and evaluate the continual intellectual, social-emotional, and personal development of all learners.
- Use and apply instructional technologies to promote and evaluate the continual intellectual, social-emotional, and personal development of all learners.
- Design and conduct action research that explores learning strategies related to classroom, community, or cross-disciplinary issues.
Want to know more?
Join us for one of our Info Sessions!
REQUEST INFOarrow_right_alt APPLY NOWarrow_right_alt
Credits Required: 30-34
Tuition and Tracks:
- 10% Alumni Scholarship
- 10% Affinity Partner Scholarship
Tuition and fees are reviewed and subject to change annually.
Other Etown Master's in Education:
Graduate Certificates Compatible with MCI:
Curriculum and Instruction
Integrative STEM Education Endorsement
ESL Program Specialist
School System Accountability
Trauma Informed Practice
High Impact Practices in Online Learning
Computer Science Education
Two Ways to Complete Your MCI:
- The full-time, one-year track enables qualified candidates the opportunity to complete the program in one year.
- The accelerated part-time track allows busy candidates the flexibility they need to manage a work, life, and graduate school balance. Candidates in this track usually complete the program in two years but have the flexibility to extend that timeframe and step in and out of the program as life requires.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Official transcripts conferring a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Possess a current, valid Teaching Certification.
- Successfully complete an undergraduate level math course in probability and statistics.
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA or above.
- GRE or GMAT scores are optional.
- Provide three letters of recommendation in support of your academic and professional abilities for success in the program.
- Submit a writing sample that demonstrates higher-order thinking, writing, and communication skills.
- Application Deadlines: This program has rolling admissions. See the sgps academic calendar for registration deadlines.
Please feel free to contact or meet with our admissions team at any point during the application process. Our admissions counselors are not only a great resource to guide you through the process and answer questions, they are skilled at helping our applicants find the best program and options to help them reach their goals!
Application Deadlines: This program has rolling admissions. See the sgps academic calendar for registration deadlines.
- Submitting a $50 nonrefundable application fee (Waived for Elizabethtown College graduates).
- Requesting official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
- Submitting a copy of your current, valid Teaching Certification.
- Uploading your current resume.
- Uploading a writing sample which demonstrates higher-order thinking, writing, and communication skills.
- Submit GRE/MAT scores (optional).
- Submitting Letters of Recommendation.
- M.Ed. in Special Education applicants should supply two letters of recommendation from two current supervisors that (1) speak to the ability of the candidate to complete the program, fieldwork, and internship hours and (2) address the willingness of the candidate’s school/district to accommodate these hours.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction applicants should supply three letters of recommendation in support of your academic and professional abilities for success in the program.
- Methods for the 21st Century Teacher
- Customizable experience with specialized coursework in ESL, STEM, Autism Support, or Trauma Informed Practice
Enhance Your Practice:
- Prepares for Level II Certification
- Immediate application to your classroom
- Emphasis of theory into practice
- Online delivery
- Synchronous and asynchronous opportunities
- No cohort constraints
- Accelerated semesters
- Rolling admission
- $525 per-credit
- No hidden fees
Dr. Peter Licona, Co-Chair, Graduate Education
Dr. Peter Licona holds a B.S. in Secondary Education Biology from Kutztown University, a M.S. in Biology from Bloomsburg University, and a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from The Pennsylvania State University. He has spent the last 25 years within the field of education and has taught kindergarten to graduate level courses.
As the coordinator of the graduate programs in education at Elizabethtown College, I am pleased to welcome you to the exciting next step in your professional journey. As a proponent of lifelong learning, I recognize the value of a quality graduate education. A graduate degree in education from Elizabethtown College will afford educational professionals many rewards: deeper pedagogical content knowledge, access to research-based educational literature, collaborative experiences with colleagues, and improved teaching practice.
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and we will reach out to help you get started.