Curriculum and Instruction
Curriculum and Instruction Certificate Program
Designed for educators, training professionals, and other curriculum developers, the Graduate Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction can be completed in less than a year!
The program provides advanced training in the areas of pedagogy, methods, and assessment. Offered through partnership with the College's Education Department, the 15-credit graduate certificate places an emphasis on themes such as social-emotional learning and personal development of all learners throughout the program.
For students interested in pursuing a master's degree, the graduate certificate can be used as a stackable building block into the full M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction program.
Credits Required: 15
- 15% Alumni Scholarship
- 15% Affinity Partner Scholarship
Tuition and fees are reviewed and subject to change annually.
Etown Master's in Education Programs:
- Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum mapping, theory, models, and pedagogical approaches.
- Apply these models, theories, and pedagogical approaches in their own practice, across sociocultural contexts, and in diverse learning environments.
- Display commitment and leadership for building learning communities through collaborative strategies.
- Use and apply formal and informal assessment strategies to promote and evaluate the continual intellectual, social-emotional, and personal development of all learners.
- Use and apply instructional technologies to promote and evaluate the continual intellectual, social-emotional, and personal development of all learners.
Curriculum and Instruction
Enhance Your Practice:
- Immediate application to your profession
- Emphasis of theory into practice
- Apply coursework toward the M.Ed. in Curriculum and
- Online delivery
- Synchronous and asynchronous opportunities
- No cohort constraints
- Accelerated semesters
- Rolling admission
- Can be completed in less than a year
- $525 per-credit
- No hidden fees
Dr. Peter Licona, Co-Chair, Graduate Education
Dr. Peter Licona holds a B.S. in Secondary Education Biology from Kutztown University, a M.S. in Biology from Bloomsburg University, and a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from The Pennsylvania State University. He has spent the last 25 years within the field of education and has taught kindergarten to graduate level courses.
As the coordinator of the graduate programs in education at Elizabethtown College, I am pleased to welcome you to the exciting next step in your professional journey. As a proponent of lifelong learning, I recognize the value of a quality graduate education. A graduate degree in education from Elizabethtown College will afford educational professionals many rewards: deeper pedagogical content knowledge, access to research-based educational literature, collaborative experiences with colleagues, and improved teaching practice.
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and one of our counselors will reach out to guide you on your way.