Why Earn a Graduate Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction with Etown?
Earning a Graduate Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction at Elizabethtown College is an ideal choice for educators, training professionals, and curriculum developers seeking to enhance their expertise in less than a year. This program, in partnership with the College's Education Department, offers advanced training in pedagogy, methods, and assessment, with a strong emphasis on social-emotional learning and the personal development of learners.
In addition, this certificate can be completed in less than a year and all credits can be stacked into Etown's M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction providing a streamlined pathway to a master's degree.
- Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum mapping, theory, models, and pedagogical approaches.
- Apply these models, theories, and pedagogical approaches in their own practice, across sociocultural contexts, and in diverse learning environments.
- Display commitment and leadership for building learning communities through collaborative strategies.
- Use and apply formal and informal assessment strategies to promote and evaluate the continual intellectual, social-emotional, and personal development of all learners.
- Use and apply instructional technologies to promote and evaluate the continual intellectual, social-emotional, and personal development of all learners.
Advance in Your Teaching Career
The Graduate Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction from Elizabethtown College is a powerful tool for educators looking to upgrade their professional skills. It allows for the immediate application of theoretical knowledge into practical teaching settings. Additionally, the flexibility of online delivery, with both synchronous and asynchronous options and no cohort constraints, caters to the busy schedules of working educators.
Also setting this program apart is the fact the credits earned can be stacked into Etown's M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction as a streamlined pathway for educational advancement.
Understand Tuition Costs and Explore Scholarship Opportunities
The Graduate Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction is priced at $525 per credit. Scholarships and financial aid are available to make your Etown SGPS education even more affordable. Below are just a few of the scholarships and programs available to students:
- Alumni Scholarship: 15% tuition discount, available to Elizabethtown College alumni.
- Affinity Partner Scholarship: 15% discount, offered to employees of organizations partnered with Etown SGPS.
- Jay Fellowship Referral Program: This is a referral program that benefits both current students/alumni and prospective students. When a student or alum refers a new student, both the referrer and the referred student receive a complimentary credit for their program of interest.
Tuition and fees are reviewed and subject to change annually.Tuition & Aid
Online Graduate Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction
The Graduate Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction from Elizabethtown College requires 15-credit hours of academic work. Qualified students may apply the eligible courses in the graduate certificate program toward the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction should they choose to apply for the master's degree.
Application Requirements & Process
To be eligible to apply to any of our graduate certificate programs you will need to:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher (waivers can be granted based on professional work experience and other factors).
- Have a minimum of three years of professional leadership/management experience.
- Have time to devote to your coursework; in an accelerated program, time spent outside of class is considerable.
- Contact or meet with our admissions staff for guidance and to find out more information.
- Complete the graduate application via the online portal which includes the submission of a $25 nonrefundable application fee, which is waived for Elizabethtown College graduates. You will need to request official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions you have attended and upload your current resume. Additionally, prepare a 1-2 page essay addressing your motivation for pursuing the graduate certificate, a statement of professional goals, and goals for the application of the graduate certificate to your professional life.
- After submitting your application, the SGPS Management Team will review it and make an admissions decision.
- If accepted, you will receive an initial offer letter via the applicant portal, which you must accept to proceed with matriculation.
- If there are any questions or concerns, the admissions team will contact you for further discussion.
- After successfully completing your Elizabethtown College graduate certificate, students may complete the Advance in Graduate Certificate or Degree form in the JayWeb student portal to apply to a future graduate certificate or graduate degree. Additional materials may be required, depending on the program of interest.
Etown seniors, alumni, and employees may be able to take advantage of our two-step, fast-tracked application process.