Bachelor's in Accounting
A background in accounting opens you up to a number of opportunities more than just number-crunching. As a financial problem-solver, you’ll be able to help businesses and nonprofit organizations make important business decisions, or aid individuals with personal financial goals. A bachelors of science in accounting from Elizabethtown College's School of Continuing and Professional Studies will help to develop you into a critical thinker who can help shape the financial future of your organization. Your coursework will include accounting and business principles, business ethics and law, and even specialized classes such as forensic accounting. Our program also emphasizes strategy and social responsibility and also provides an international perspective.
If your end-goal is to become a CPA, you’ll be glad to know we've got you covered there as well. Elizabethtown provides options to fulfill the educational requirements needed to sit for Pennsylvania's CPA exam. Additional undergraduate courses or the pursuit of a graduate degree may be required beyond this 125 credit bachelor degree program to fulfill Pennsylvania's 150 credit hour requirements. Your advisor can help you to determine which pathway is best suited for you.
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to accounting records and financial reports.
- Utilize financial reports to draw meaningful conclusions regarding the financial operations of an organization.
- Incorporate technology into accounting practices.
- Demonstrate skills to be a self-directed employee in a team environment focused on achieving organizational goals.
- Model the need for high ethical standards when conducting business activities.
Accounting Degree Requirements
Degree Requirements for Job Postings
Career Opportunities for Graduates:
- Budget Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Tax Manager
- Credit Analyst
Job Postings in the Region:
Source: Burning Glass Technologies ©
Where Our Graduates Work:
Graduates of Elizabethtown's Accounting program work for reputable companies and organizations such as:
- Alcoa Corporation
- BB&T Corporation
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and one of our counselors will reach out to guide you on your way.