Bachelor's in Accounting
A background in accounting opens you up to a number of opportunities more than just number-crunching. As a financial problem-solver, you’ll be able to help businesses and nonprofit organizations make important business decisions, or aid individuals with personal financial goals. A bachelors of science in accounting from Elizabethtown College's School of Continuing and Professional Studies will help to develop you into a critical thinker who can help shape the financial future of your organization. Your coursework will include accounting and business principles, business ethics and law, and even specialized classes such as forensic accounting. Our program also emphasizes strategy and social responsibility and also provides an international perspective.
If your end-goal is to become a CPA, you’ll be glad to know we've got you covered there as well. Elizabethtown provides options to fulfill the educational requirements needed to sit for Pennsylvania's CPA exam.
Credits Required: 125
Cost Per Credit: $555
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to accounting records and financial reports.
- Utilize financial reports to draw meaningful conclusions regarding the financial operations of an organization.
- Incorporate technology into accounting practices.
- Demonstrate skills to be a self-directed employee in a team environment focused on achieving organizational goals.
- Model the need for high ethical standards when conducting business activities.
Accounting Degree Requirements
Degree Requirements for Job Postings
Career Opportunities for Graduates:
- Budget Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Tax Manager
- Credit Analyst
Job Postings in the Region:
Source: Burning Glass Technologies ©
Where Our Graduates Work:
Graduates of Elizabethtown's Accounting program work for reputable companies and organizations such as:
- Alcoa Corporation
- BB&T Corporation
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Matt earned his Bachelor of Science degrees in Accounting and Business Administration from Lebanon Valley College. He also earned a Master of Business Administration Degree and M.S. in Nonprofit Management from Eastern University in St. David’s, PA.
Matt has over ten years’ experience in public, private and nonprofit accounting and is the CFO for an automotive dealership. In his free time, Matt enjoys spending time with family and being outdoors.