Associate in Human Services
More than ever before, people of all ages and backgrounds are facing mounting challenges, from health and well-being to family stresses and financial burdens. This means there’s a growing demand for compassionate, community-minded professionals to help others improve their everyday life. Pursuing an Elizabethtown College associate degree in human services from the School of Graduate and Professional Studies will allow you to start or grow in your career of helping others. Here, you will gain an understanding of the underlying issues that influence individuals—and society as a whole. You will leave with the knowledge and skills needed to administer or manage services for others or to advocate on their behalf.
- Implement a personal philosophy of human services and/or addictions counseling in the workplace.
- Apply theory, practical skills, and an interdisciplinary approach to human services to the work environment and community-at-large.
- Apply interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Apply critical thinking skills and problem-solving strategies to the profession of human services.
- Apply counseling skills.
- Make decisions in an ethically and socially responsible manner.
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism in the field.
Human Services Degree Requirements
Career Opportunities for Graduates:
- Social Services Coordinator
- Community Manager
- Medicaid Specialist
- Enrollment Coordinator
- Community Support Specialist
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and one of our counselors will reach out to guide you on your way.