Bachelor’s in Human Services
If you’re passionate about helping others through life’s challenges, a career in human services may be your calling. The demand for advocates, counselors, and administrators in our region and beyond is rapidly growing—and you can be part of it. Whether you prefer a general overview of the Human Services field or want to specialize with a concentration in Behavioral and Addictions Counseling, there are two tracks to choose from. In each, you’ll gain an understanding of issues influencing individuals and society while also developing the ability to manage and administer day-to-day services in a variety of settings. Our human services program is convenient and flexible, too, with all courses available online. A variety of electives will allow you to customize your courses based on your area of interest.
REQUEST INFOarrow_right_alt APPLY nowarrow_right_alt
Credits Required: 125
- 10% Alumni Scholarship
- 10% Affinity Partner Scholarship
Tuition and fees are reviewed and subject to change annually.
- Implement a personal philosophy of human services and/or addictions counseling in the workplace.
- Apply theory, practical skills, and an interdisciplinary approach to human services to the work environment and community-at-large.
- Apply interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Apply critical thinking skills and problem-solving strategies to the profession of human services.
- Apply counseling skills.
- Make decisions in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism in the field.
Elizabethtown College has been named one of the Best Bachelor’s Degrees in Human Services by BestAccreditedColleges.org for our highly flexible, accelerated program.
Human Services Degree Requirements
Degree Requirements for Job Postings
Career Opportunities for Graduates:
- Case Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Youth Worker
- Rehabilitation Case Worker
- Adult Day Care Worker
- Alcohol Counselor
- Crisis Intervention Counselor
Job Postings in the Region:
Source: Burning Glass Technologies ©
Where Our Graduates Work:
Graduates of Elizabethtown's Human Services programs work for reputable companies and organizations such as:
- Keystone Human Services
- Bell Socialization
- NHS Human Services
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and one of our counselors will reach out to guide you on your way.