Earn Your Bachelor's in Professional Studies Online at Etown
Exploring the Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies program at Elizabethtown College offers a unique opportunity to blend personal growth with professional development. This interdisciplinary program is specifically tailored for adult learners, allowing you to customize your studies to align with your individual interests and career goals. With its focus on developing key skills such as effective communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking, the program prepares you to excel in various professional settings, making you a versatile and valuable asset in today's dynamic job market.
- Interpret information to problem-solve real-world issues.
- Analyze roles in diversified communities.
- Synthesize knowledge from different disciplines to make well-reasoned and ethical arguments, judgments, and conclusions.
Diversify Your Career Potential
Professional Studies program students have access to Elizabethtown College's Career Development Center which aids students by offering career exploration and job transitioning. The Center also works with employers on recruiting efforts for jobs and internships, with multiple events held on campus each year. Online networking services including Etown Connect and Handshake are available to program participants.
I’m extremely happy with my SGPS experience. The professors were more in-tune with the adult learner students having lives and responsibilities outside of the classroom and they make themselves available when I need assistance. I’m proud to set an example for my children too.
Understand Tuition Costs and Explore Scholarship Opportunities
The B.S. in Professional Studies is priced at $525 per credit. Scholarships and financial aid are available to make your Etown SGPS education even more affordable. Below are just a few of the scholarships and programs available to students:
- Alumni Scholarship: 15% tuition discount, available to Elizabethtown College alumni.
- Affinity Partner Scholarship: 15% discount, offered to employees of organizations partnered with Etown SGPS.
- Jay Fellowship Referral Program: This is a referral program that benefits both current students/alumni and prospective students. When a student or alum refers a new student, both the referrer and the referred student receive a complimentary credit for their program of interest.
Tuition and fees are reviewed and subject to change annually.Tuition & Aid
Online Bachelor's in Professional Studies Requirements and Concentrations
The bachelor's degree from Elizabethtown College requires 125 credit hours of academic work. This program is designed for degree completion so up to 95 transfer credits may be applied. Candidates must take at least 30 credits from Elizabethtown College and at least 9 credit hours must be taken towards the degree at the upper-division level (300/400).
Application Requirements & Process
To enter either an associate or bachelor's program, you will need to:
- Have graduated from high school or earned a GED.
- Have writing ability sufficient for success in an accelerated academic program. You will be asked to write an essay that demonstrates your ability.
- Have the time to devote to your coursework. Course requirements in a five-week accelerated class can be as high as 20 hours per week.
- Successful completion of some college coursework is strongly suggested prior to entering an accelerated program, but it is not required.
- Contact or meet with our admissions staff for guidance and to find out more information.
Complete the undergraduate application via the online portal.
- Submit official transcripts (college or high school/GED if no college coursework), and a current resume.
- Submit a double-spaced essay adhering to English usage standards, addressing your understanding of a rigorous accelerated program, your strategy for managing time demands, and your personal and professional goals.
- After submitting your application, the SGPS Team will review it and make an admissions decision.
- If accepted, you will receive an initial offer letter via the applicant portal, which you must accept to proceed with matriculation.
- If there are any questions or concerns, the admissions team will contact you for further discussion.