Associate of Science in Professional Studies
Associate in Professional Studies
The Associate of Science in Professional Studies program at Elizabethtown College's School of Graduate and Professional Studies is a dynamic undergraduate program designed to cater to eager and self-directed learners from diverse disciplines. This comprehensive 64-credit program allows students to customize their education, focusing on personal and professional interests while developing foundational and professional skills. Courses provide a well-rounded education, equipping graduates with the knowledge and practical expertise needed to excel in industries such as business, accounting, healthcare administration, and human services.
Upon completion of the program, students will be equipped with the following skills and competencies:
- Explore interpersonal skills that are key to effective communication in the workplace.
- Understand organizational structure, including conflict resolution, for industries to function effectively.
- Discuss real-world industry issues and solutions to improve work-specific practices.
- Identify roles in diversified communities and industries.
In 2022, professionals with an associate degree earned 17.84% more median usual weekly earnings than those with only a high school diploma.
(Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
The Associate of Science in Professional Studies program requires students to complete a total of 64 credits, which are distributed across various categories. Courses are delivered through our flexible online format, enabling students to balance their education with other commitments. The program is structured around a 3-credit model, with each undergraduate course spanning 5 weeks for a total of 106 weeks.
Required Courses (19 - 22 credits)
- FS 1500 Foundations for Accelerated Learning (3 credits)
- EN 1000 Writing and Language (3 credits)
- Mathematics (MA 1080 OR MA 150) (3 credits)
- Areas of Understanding (9 – 12 credits)
- CD 1000 Career Development for the Lifelong Learner (1 credit)
A minimum of 15 credit hours must be taken at Etown SGPS and credits must include at least 9 credits in the major.
Complete at least 12 credits of coursework in two emphasis areas (24 credits)
- Health Care Administration
- Human Services
Elective Credits (18 - 21 credits)
Students have the flexibility to take additional elective courses as needed to meet the 64-credit hour requirement for graduation.
Maximize Your Career Potential
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and one of our counselors will reach out to guide you on your way.