"Big School" Opportunities
in a "Small School" Environment.
The Department of Biology offers a strong, research-grounded curriculum with opportunities to pursue studies in a wide variety of biology-related fields. Small class sizes, hands-on laboratory experiences, fieldwork and undergraduate research opportunities prepare you for the world beyond college, whether you are interested in pursuing graduate school, medical school or finding a rewarding job.
3 degree options offer you a strong foundation in Biological Sciences in your area of interest:
Bachelor of Science in Biology with four concentrations to target your career aspirations:
Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
Minor in Biology
Students may elect to pursue an academic minor in addition to their major. Minors allow the student to acquire depth of knowledge in an area of secondary interest outside the major. The Biology minor offers course options from which a student can gain an overall view of the discipline of Biology.
- Alumni have pursued advanced degrees at Harvard, Cornell, Tufts, Johns Hopkins, the University of Virginia and the University of Pennsylvania, to name just a few
- Hands-on training, cutting-edge instrumentation and independent study opportunities
- Affiliations with other universities allow you to pursue your professional degree while still at Elizabethtown
- Dissect a human cadaver in our state-of-the-art lab
- Have papers published in respected scientific journals and present your research in oral and poster formats at professional conferences
- Alumni include Rhodes Scholar, Goldwater Scholars, Howard Hughes fellows and NCCA Post-graduate Scholars
- Numerous opportunities for laboratory research and studies in the field, locally and abroad.
Why Study Biology at E-town? Learn more...