In today's complex global marketplace, data is at the center of organizational success. Etown's graduate certficate in Data Analytics is designed to provide candidates with an overview of applied statistical analysis, one of the most prominent, in-demand and growing fields. You will gain the ability to manage, process, analyze, and interpret data through taking a variety of courses, across several fields. Candidates with an interest in data analytics may pursue a Data Analytics Concentration in conjunction with Etown's MBA degree.
- Evaluate the usefulness of different statistical techniques and their real-world application
- Explain the management implications of the use of business intelligence and knowledge management systems
- Identify the fundamental concepts of descriptive statistics (populations and samples, measures of central tendency, measures of variability, measures of distribution) and their real-world application
- Analyze problems in business and accounting using appropriately selected data visualization tools.
- Apply intermediate to advanced knowledge and skills in SQL.
- Sit for: 1Z0-061: Oracle Database 12c: SQL Fundamentals (OCA) and pass at a 60% level or higher.
Data Analytics Courses
As a professional you will be asked to decide based on data. This course will introduce the different types of decisions made in an organizational setting and explain how data quality can affect decision making.
There are several statistical tools and techniques that are commonly used by organizations to inform decision-making. These tools span numerous business functions and support many different objectives. This course describes, evaluates, and analyzes different statistical techniques and their real-world limitations and benefits. The application of statistics to inform data-driven decisions in various sectors, such as manufacturing, health care, education and government will be discussed.
Students will be able to:
1. Analyze problems in business and accounting using data visualization tools
2. Communicate clearly and concisely using data visualization techniques
3. Describe the suitability of various data visualization tools
This course is designed for students who wish to study SQL and pursue Oracle Database certification.
The course will provide hands on opportunity to access an Oracle Database as well as exam vouchers and discounts for Self-Test software. These materials are designed to practice for the certification exam. Students will be given the opportunity to sit for the certification exam as part of the course final exam. Upon passing the certification exam, the student will achieve the certification of Database Foundations Certified Junior Associate.
SAMPLE COURSE SEQUENCE:
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and one of our counselors will reach out to guide you on your way.