Integrative STEM Education Endorsement
Integrative STEM Education Endorsement
Prepare your students for careers that don't even exist yet with the Post-Baccalaureate Integrative STEM Education Endorsement Certificate. The program is designed for in-service teachers seeking further understanding of pedagogy, curriculum, resources, and methods designed to promote integrative STEM learning. The program is a combination of coursework and field experiences that will prepare teachers to construct, implement, and evaluate integrative STEM educational programming.
This program is offered through partnership with the Elizabethtown College's Education Department.
REQUEST INFOarrow_right_alt APPLY nowarrow_right_alt
Credits Required: 12
- 10% Alumni Scholarship
- 10% Affinity Partner Scholarship
Tuition and fees are reviewed and subject to change annually.
Other Grad Offerings in Education:
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
Master of Music Education
ESL Program Specialist Program
Gain knowledge of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) standards, design processes, and the important role of STEM in workforce preparation and understanding our complex world.
Apply and demonstrate the application of STEM skills and practices.
Implement best practices in Integrative STEM education.
Demonstrate varied assessment of Integrative STEM learning in the classroom.
Design and incorporate strategies to encourage active learning, interaction, participation, and collaboration.
Critically apply, adapt, and differentiate content knowledge and skills to facilitate inclusive student learning.
Plan, implement, and evaluate STEM curricular, instructional, and assessment practices.
Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to continued professional development and service to the discipline.
This certificate is endorsed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), resulting in the Integrative STEM Education endorsement.
Integrative STEM Education
- Possess a current, valid Teaching Certification. Out of state candidates must contact the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) and attain PA Certification through reciprocity before program acceptance.
- Official transcripts conferring a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA or above.
- GRE or GMAT scores are optional.
- Letters of recommendation from two current supervisors that (1) speak to the ability of the candidate to complete the program, fieldwork, and internship hours and (2) address the willingness of the candidate’s school/district to accommodate these hours.
- Submit a writing sample that demonstrates higher-order thinking, writing, and communication skills.
Important Deadlines: See the academic calendar for Deadlines.
Please feel free to contact or meet with our admissions team at any point during the application process. Our admissions counselors are not only a great resource to guide you through the process and answer questions, they are skilled at helping our applicants find the best program and options to help them reach their goals!
How to Apply: Complete the graduate application process via the online portal which includes:
- Submitting a $25 nonrefundable application fee (Waived for Elizabethtown College graduates).
- Requesting official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
- Submitting a copy of your current, valid Teaching Certification.
- Uploading your current resume
- Uploading a writing sample which demonstrates higher-order thinking, writing, and communication skills.
- Submit GRE/MAT scores (optional).
- Supply two letters of recommendation from two current supervisors that (1) speak to the ability of the candidate to complete the program, fieldwork, and internship hours and (2) address the willingness of the candidate’s school/district to accommodate these hours.
- Methods for the 21st Century Teacher
- Focus on STEM subject integration
- Emphasis on STEM curriculum and pedagogy
- Apply principles of STEM integration to similar more expansive approaches (e.g. STEAM)
Enhance Your Practice:
- Prepares for Level II Certification (Act 48 credit available)
- Immediate application to your classroom
- Emphasis of theory into practice
- Complete the program in one year, including one summer
- Online delivery
- Synchronous and asynchronous opportunities
- No cohort constraints
- Accelerated semesters
- Rolling admission
- $525 per-credit
- No hidden fees
Dr. Peter Licona, Co-Chair, Graduate Education
Dr. Peter Licona holds a B.S. in Secondary Education Biology from Kutztown University, a M.S. in Biology from Bloomsburg University, and a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from The Pennsylvania State University. He has spent the last 25 years within the field of education and has taught kindergarten to graduate level courses.
As the coordinator of the graduate programs in education at Elizabethtown College, I am pleased to welcome you to the exciting next step in your professional journey. As a proponent of lifelong learning, I recognize the value of a quality graduate education. A graduate degree in education from Elizabethtown College will afford educational professionals many rewards: deeper pedagogical content knowledge, access to research-based educational literature, collaborative experiences with colleagues, and improved teaching practice.
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and one of our counselors will reach out to guide you on your way.