PA Sheriffs’ Association
Welcome PA Sheriffs' Association members! We are pleased to be a partner with the PA Sheriffs' Association to offer educational programs for your professional development. Get your degree from a local school with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality academic programs based right here in Central Pennsylvania.
Our goal is to provide you with the knowledge and education you will need to be successful in your career and take your organization to the next level. And along the way, we want to see you graduate.
The programs at Elizabethtown College’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) are geared toward working adults with the motivation to go back to school and get their degree. We understand that you need a flexible program that can fit into your already busy life. Working adults need options and Elizabethtown College offers them.
Affinity Pricing Benefit
Elizabethtown College values the importance of the contributions PA Sheriffs' Association members make on our local community. As an added benefit, Elizabethtown's School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) is pleased to offer Affinity Pricing to PA Sheriffs' Association members looking to further or enhance their education. Affinity Pricing provides a 10% tuition discount off the per-credit rate for all SCPS undergraduate and graduate degree program offerings.
- Courses at the discounted rate are offered through our accelerated adult degree program. Discounts do not apply to programs outside of the SCPS.
- SCPS programs offer convenience and flexibility for working adults.
- Classes are offered at our locations in: Elizabethtown, Harrisburg, Lancaster, and online.
- Discount can be used for associate, bachelor or graduate programs.
- You must meet all admissions requirements, apply and be accepted into the program.
- To apply to receive the discounted rate, complete and submit the online Affinity Pricing form.
- Employment will be verified on a regular basis.
- If you are a member of the PA Sheriffs' Association and are interested in applying to the School of Continuing and Professional Studies your first step is to meet with an admissions coordinator. Please contact the coordinator closest to you.
If you have already met with an admissions coordinator and submitted your application, you can proceed to complete and submit the online Affinity Pricing form. Please be sure to include your valid Pennsylvania Sheriffs' Association membership ID when completing the form.
NOTE: Students participating in the affinity pricing program and applying for financial aid will have their financial aid package revised to reflect their discounted tuition rate.
We offer bachelor's and associate's degrees in the following areas:
- Business Administration (available blended or 100% online)
- Corporate Communication
- Criminal Justice (available 100% online)
- Health Care Administration (100% online program)
- Human Services (100% online program)
- Human Services – Behavioral and Addictions Counseling (100% online program)
- Information Systems
We offer graduate programs in the following areas:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (available 100% online)
- Master of Science in Strategic Leadership (MSL)
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership (100% online)
- Graduate Certificate in Health Care Administration (100% online)
We have locations in:
making it convenient and close to home. The accelerated format lets you take one course at a time--meeting once or twice a week--allowing you to focus on learning each subject area without the stress of taking multiple courses at the same time.
What makes Elizabethtown’s Accelerated Degree Programs different?
- 5-week classes meet one or two nights a week, and can easily fit into your busy life; graduate courses run for eight-week sessions, with classes one night per week.
- Taking one course at a time helps you stay focused on school, work and family
- Online and blended courses let you learn in the comfort and convenience of your home
- Instructors with real-world experience bring relevant, current work experience to the classroom
- Credits transferred from prior college work help you finish your degree faster
- Step In/Step Out option lets you take time out for personal reasons without missing a beat
Get credit for what you have already learned!
Every effort is made to accept and apply credits earned in the past, from other institutions, to an accelerated Elizabethtown program.
Students transferring from any two-year community college or technical school can bring in up to 64 credits of previous college coursework. Students will be able to complete their Bachelor's degree in approximately two years, assuming they will take an average of 30 credits per year. The maximum number of credits available per year is 36.
Students who have attended other four-year colleges and universities may have their credits evaluated by an admissions coordinator. We accept up to 95 transferable credits from an accredited four-year institution.
For the graduate degree programs, six elective credits may be transferred in depending on the specific courses taken and their applicability to the overall program curriculum. Work training and experiential learning can also be evaluated for credit into this program.
What else can be evaluated for credit by the SCPS?
- CLEP testing
- Corporate/organizational training
- Experiential learning
- Professional certifications or training
- Military experience
- Direct Course Equivalency Proposal (CEP)
*For more information on how these options can be evaluated contact one of our admissions counselors.