Manage a business. Or, start your own.
Study with one of the top Business Administration programs in Pennsylvania. A Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from E-town College provides you a comprehensive education and the solid foundation you need to enter a variety of business and leadership careers. Whether you are looking to start your own business or work up to managing one, our flexible program will provide you skills and understanding of business, finance management, and problem solving.
Flexible. Specialized. Goal-oriented.
Our Business Administration major is flexible, yet specialized. You'll choose from one of six concentrations within the major to help you hone in on specific skills and explore your areas of interest within business:
- Accounting: With a concentration in accounting, you’ll learn the basics of asset accounting, financial reporting structures, and have an introduction to topics like business classifications and valuations.
- Economics: A concentration in economics allows you to see the causal relationships of social relationships and financial markets. You’ll develop critical thinking and analytical skills as you study the interplay between consumers, purchase power and global economic systems.
- Entrepreneurship: Looking to start your own company? This is the concentration for you. Learn the ins-and-outs of a business, and what it takes to start one from the ground-up!
- Finance: This concentration teaches you about the principles of investing, financial institution management, as well as broad understandings of business transactions such as leasing, mergers and acquisitions.
- Management: Want to run a company or take over the family business? This concentration sharpens your soft skills, such as emotional intelligence and communication, helps you discover your unique leadership style, and improves your ability to work with diverse people in a team setting. It also focuses on essential human resource competencies, advanced legal principles and managing technology and innovation in a changing environment.
- Marketing: Interested in strategic marketing campaigns, product development or what it takes to put a product on the market? Learn fundamental principles of marketing theory, planning and implementation with a concentration in marketing.
A minor in business administration is also available to students majoring in other disciplines.
The Department of Business pairs you with an advisor from your chosen area of concentration. This professor works with you to choose courses and obtain internships that best prepare you for a career in your field of interest. This preparation has helped our business students obtain jobs at successful companies upon graduation, including the following:
- Armstrong World Industries
- Coca-Cola Enterprises
- Ernst & Young
- High Construction Company
- The Hershey Company
- Kellogg Company
- Procter & Gamble
- Wells Fargo