Apply as an International Student
Apply as an International Student
We are so excited that you are considering joining the Elizabethtown College community! At Etown, we place a great emphasis on creating a culturally vibrant campus community where every student can achieve a sense of belonging. We welcome students from all over the globe to join our campus made up of advocates, changemakers, communicators, and case organizers the world needs more of.
No other college will engage you in finding and pursuing your life's calling, your life's work, and your most fulfilling future like we do. Start your journey by finding your fit and completing our international student application. We can’t wait to welcome you to our campus!
Want to know more?
Join us for one of our Info Sessions!
Why Should I Apply To Etown?
When applying to colleges as an international student, it is important to find the college that best fits with the vision you have for your U.S. college experience. In order to have the best college experience possible, it’s essential that your academic and personal goals are met. If you share the following values, our close-knit campus community may be the right fit for you:
- Cultural Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to providing our diverse student community with an inclusive campus environment. The addition of the Mosaic House to our campus embodies this commitment by providing a safe gathering space for students of diverse backgrounds to openly discuss differing perspectives.
- Academic Excellence: Our students are high achievers. Our small class sizes, professional experiences and leadership opportunities prepare our students for their postgraduate aspirations.
- Social Accountability: Our motto, “Educate for Service,” is ingrained into our students from the day they arrive on campus. We encourage our students to use their Etown education to serve others in their future careers.
- Active Campus Involvement: With over 80 clubs and organizations, sports teams, cultural and academic events, living learning communities and more, our campus is always bustling with students.
- Academic and Personal Mentorship: We understand the importance of having the ability to seek academic and personal guidance from a trusted source. We designate a team of International Leadership Assistants to serve as a resource as you transition to a new college and a new country.
Elizabethtown is located in historic Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Campus is less than 20 miles from Hershey, Harrisburg, and Lancaster, all of which are full of cultural, recreational, and entertainment opportunities. We’re also just a 20-minute drive from the Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) and have a Amtrak train station nearby so you can easily travel to nearby cities like New York City, Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia.Take a Virtual Campus Tour!
Resources for International Students
The Office of International Students (OIS) provides a broad range of support for all international students at Elizabethtown College. Our office can assist you with the following:
- Special introduction to the College through a New International Student Orientation
- Provide verification letters for applications to Social Security Administration, PDOT, maintaining F-1 visa status, travel, and more.
- Share information and connect students to College resources, social events, and academic requirements
- Provide resources and answer questions for adjusting to life and culture in the U.S.
- Create learning sessions to help understand the F-1 and J-1 visa rules and regulations
- Help you navigate topics like tax requirements, working on-campus, Curricular Practical Training, Optional Practical Training, and more
Office of Admissions
One of the hard things for international students is to make friends in their second language, but Etown offers many opportunities to have conversations with new people, like in First-Year Seminar (FYS). There are also great mentors like my Resident Assistant and faculty who helped me a lot through classes and on a daily basis.
Reiji Ito ’23 International Business
Ready to Apply?
If you think Elizabethtown College may be the place you want to spend your time while in the U.S., it’s time to begin the admissions process. To gain acceptance to Etown, you must comply with our Pennsylvania college admissions requirements for international students. We operate on a two-part acceptance process. First, student credentials are reviewed for academic acceptance by submitting the following items:
- One of the following:
- Cambridge English scores or an English proficiency letter written by a teacher
- One letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor, advisor, principal or teacher
- An official copy of your secondary school transcripts
- A copy of the photograph page of your passport
After you are admitted academically, then international students are required to provide proof of funding prior to depositing to Elizabethtown. All incoming international students must submit the Certification of Finances form and a bank statement directly to the Office of Admissions. Your assured financial support for the first twelve months of study should be at least US $28,000. The total cost of an Elizabethtown College education is broken down on our Tuition & Cost page.
The deadline for a completed application for Fall entry is July 15.
The deadline for a completed application for Spring (Jan) entry is November 15.
Please email all credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org or if by mail to:
Office of Admissions
1 Alpha Dr
Elizabethtown, PA 17022-2298
Please note that the Office of Community Living at Elizabethtown College cannot guarantee on-campus housing for students who are over 25 years old. If you have any questions or concerns regarding housing options, we encourage you to contact the Office of Community Living for further assistance. They can provide you with information about options that are available to you.