What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual enrollment is a program that allows local high school juniors and seniors to enroll in college courses at Elizabethtown College for credit prior to high school graduation. College credits earned through dual enrollment may be concurrently applied toward high school and college graduation.
- Dual enrollment provides the opportunity for high school students to experience college coursework early and to take courses that are not offered at their high school.
- Enrolling in college courses provides high school students the chance to explore their academic area of interest.
- If advanced placement (AP) courses are not offered or are limited at a student’s high school, taking a college course will demonstrate their ability to undertake more difficult coursework.
- Dual enrolled high school students will experience life on a college campus; sitting in a class taught by a college professor alongside other college students.
- High school students can begin accumulating college credits early, and at a significantly lower cost.
Cost to Students
Tuition is $100 per credit and billed directly to the student. Students also are responsible for text books and transportation costs. There is no charge for on-campus parking.
- We will begin accepting applications for the fall semester, March 15. The deadline to submit dual enrollment applications for fall is August 1.
- We will begin accepting applications for the spring semester, Oct. 15. The deadline to submit dual enrollment applications for spring is January 1.
Dual Enrollment Orientation
High school students are required to attend orientation scheduled within one week prior to the beginning of classes.
- Upon payment of tuition, students will receive a temporary ID card for the semester which will allow them to borrow books from the library.
- Many courses require students to have a campus network account and email in order to get assignments and post assignments.
- A temporary parking tag is issued for students driving to campus during the day. No additional fees are charged for these items
Admission to Elizabethtown College is a selective process. The following is required to complete an application for dual enrollment:
- Complete the Admissions Dual Enrollment Application form below - there is no application fee!
- Guidance counselor recommendation
- Official high school transcript