Get a Head Start on College
Dual enrollment provides the opportunity for high school students to experience college coursework early and to take courses that are not offered at their high school. Elizabethtown College offers dual enrollment courses across all seven of our Schools, including our School of Graduate and Professional Studies. These courses are offered in a traditional face-to face model or as a flexible online program. By participating in college-level courses early, students have the opportunity to begin their post-secondary education with a full year’s worth of academic credit.
Dual Enrollment Benefits:
- Enrolling in college courses allows high school students the ability to enhance and/or explore academic interests in preparation for post-secondary studies
- Students can accumulate college credits at a significantly reduced cost and strengthen the possibility of completing a post-secondary education early
- High school students can supplement educational knowledge achieved through Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) coursework
- Dual enrolled high school students will experience life on a college campus; sitting in a class taught by a college professor alongside other college students. Or they have the option to enroll in an online course and complete the coursework in the comfort of their high school or home
- Students can register into entry-level courses, without any prerequisites
Cost to Students
Tuition is $100 per credit and billed directly to the student. Students also are responsible for text books and transportation costs. There is no charge for on-campus parking.
- We will begin accepting applications for the fall semester, March 15. The deadline to submit dual enrollment applications for fall is August 1.
- We will begin accepting applications for the spring semester, Oct. 15. The deadline to submit dual enrollment applications for spring is January 1.
Dual Enrollment Orientation
High school students are required to attend orientation scheduled within one week prior to the beginning of classes.
- Upon payment of tuition, students will receive a temporary ID card for the semester which will allow them to borrow books from the library.
- Many courses require students to have a campus network account and email in order to get assignments and post assignments.
- A temporary parking tag is issued for students driving to campus during the day. No additional fees are charged for these items
Admission to Elizabethtown College is a selective process. The following is required to complete an application for dual enrollment:
- Complete the Admissions Dual Enrollment Application form below - there is no application fee!
- Guidance counselor recommendation
- Official high school transcript