Bachelor of Music in Music Education
FOR MORE INFORMATION...
Contact Dr. Kevin Shorner-Johnson, director of Music Education Studies at email@example.com or 717-361-1532.
Students who graduate from the music education program are certified to teach K-12 by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Licensure is transferrable to other states. Students who have graduated from the music education program at Elizabethtown College have gone on to teach at public and private schools and pursue work at prestigious graduate schools.
In the last 2013 school year, our graduates had incredible successes obtaining jobs in music education. All students (5 students) were hired in teaching positions.
Among our most recent graduates (within the last three years):
- Five are employed by the Frederick County (Maryland) School System as general music instructors.
- One is employed as a strings instructor for Alleghany County Schools (Maryland).
- One is employed as a general music teacher by Carroll County Public Schools (Maryland).
- One is employed as a general music teacher by St. Mary's Public Schools (Maryland).
- One is employed as a strings teacher at Cecil County Public Schools (Maryland).
- One is employed by Baltimore County School System as a general music educator.
- One is employed as a long-term music substitute teacher in Harrisburg, PA.