Early move-in arrangements:
(Updated: 8/26/11 @ 7:50pm)
Elizabethtown College is inviting ALL STUDENTS to move in on Saturday, August 27 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. If they so choose.
- Students may still move in on Sunday, August 28 as originally scheduled.
- Room keys and ID validation should now be picked up in the lobby of Myer Residence Hall beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday.
- Dining Services will be open to accommodate students who move in early
For information, email Residence Life at email@example.com. Also, consult the Elizabethtown College website beginning Friday afternoon for additional information.
Due to the anticipated affects of hurricane Irene, several events on campus have been postponed or relocated.
- The Induction Ceremony (pinning) for first-year students on Sunday, Aug. 28 -- originally scheduled in The Dell from 8 to 9:30 p.m. -- will now be held in Leffler Chapel and Performance Center.
- The College Scholars and Emerging Scholars Luncheon -- originally scheduled for 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 28 -- is postponed until 1 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9. College and Emerging Scholars will be recognized, as scheduled, during Convocation Tuesday, Aug. 30.
Campus hurricane preparation:
During the past few days, Facilities Management has been implementing its "heavy wind and rain plan" in preparation for the anticipated storm. These are the steps the department has taken:
- roofing contractor on campus inspecting and cleaning high gutters and downspouts
- checking drains on flat roofs and inspecting SDLC buildings gutters and downspouts
- checking storm water inlets throughout campus to clear and make ready for anticipated heavy rains
- Saturday crew to finish cleaning gutters, downspouts and roof drains
Facilities Management implemented an annual tree inspection program several years ago to identify at-risk trees and branches. Those at risk of falling were taken down and replaced on a two-for-one basis, marginal branches were removed and branches near buildings were trimmed. This on-going process will minimize possible storm damage to our campus trees.
Also, erosion in the newly planted grass areas is anticipated; needed repairs will be made next week.
Please assist in storm preparation by closing windows and making sure nothing is stored near windows or on window ledges where damage can occur from windblown rain.
Facilities Management will have staff members on call to respond to leaks. If you see a problem call Campus Security at 717-361-1264. They will notify the on-call staff to respond.
Athletic Events Information