Elizabethtown College began sponsoring an Esports team in January 2019. It is one of the first Landmark Conference Esports ventures at the NCAA Division III level.
Esports, the modern terminology for competitive video gaming, has taken off over the last decade as streaming and gaming technology evolved, and takes place through multiplayer formats on web platforms.
The Etown Esports team is recognized and sanctioned by the College’s Office of Student Life. To compete at the collegiate level, Etown holds yearly team try-outs. All team members must meet institutional requirements for good academic standing, and be eligible to participate in school-sanctioned club or intercollegiate sports to participate.
Etown Esports Team Amenities:
- Organized competition within the Landmark Conference * including a conference championship held yearly. (*Currently six of eight conference members participate.)
- An on-campus practice site.
- Access to state-of-the-art technology for top-notch gaming experience including computers, keyboards and mouse equipment.
- Team apparel including jerseys.
- Access to both a head coach and assistant coach to help guide players throughout their collegiate careers and grow their in-game skill base.
View the 2019 Landmark Conference Esports standings from the regular season.