Engineering Summer Academy
This summer, use engineering, creativity and scientific innovation to explore the Grand Challenges for Engineering in the 21st Century. Through this program you will learn about many different engineering career paths, all while continuing to develop skills in problem-solving, critical thinking and teamwork. The camp takes place from July 10 to July 14, 2023.
What You Need To Know
Revolving around the Grand Challenges for Engineering in the 21st Century, hands-on projects, experiments and demonstrations will focus on innovations in engineering that can impact the world: Improving Urban Infrastructure, Sustainable Energy Solutions, Biomedical Devices, Reverse Engineering, and Advancements in Water Purification Technologies.
- Age: Rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors are invited to apply (acceptance is subject to review of completed application, including teacher/counselor recommendation).
- Cost: $485.00 non-refundable (includes tuition, materials and meals).
- Discounts: Need-based full scholarships are available (indicate financial need in the Application Form).
Schedule of Activities
- Arrive on campus: 7:45 a.m.
- 7:45 – 8:15 a.m. -- Breakfast with Participants, Mentors, Staff and Faculty
- 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. -- Session I: Discovery and Active Learning
- 10:15 – 11:45 a.m. -- Session II: Demonstrations and Laboratories
- Noon – 12:45 p.m. -- Lunch with Participants, Mentors, Staff and Faculty
- 1:00 – 3:45 p.m. -- Session III: Project-Based Learning
- 4:00 – 4:30 p.m. -- Training on College Application and Admissions Process
- Depart campus: 4:30 p.m.
Spend a week on the lovely 204-acre Elizabethtown College campus, and explore engineering with hands-on projects, laboratories and demonstrations. Make new friends and bond with other students all while exploring the latest innovations in the field of engineering!
For More Information Contact: Jean C. Batista Abreu, Assistant Professor of Engineering at email@example.com or Hosman Uraga-Barba, Assistant Director of Admissions: 717-361-1191