EWT Vision Statement
The Elizabethtown College Employee Wellness Team promotes a work site culture that supports healthy lifestyle choices by valuing individual health and creating a supportive community to enhance the College’s vision of the optimal learning environment.
EWT Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Elizabethtown College Employee Wellness Team to promote the well-being of its employees through education and initiatives that:
- Increase awareness of factors and resources contributing to well-being
- Educate through wellness-related programs and activities
- Promote healthy lifestyle choices
- Promote personal and professional productivity
- Inspire and empower individuals to take responsibility for their own health
- Sustain healthy choices through a sense of community
Susan Krall, co-chair
Laurie Thompson, co-chair
Connect with us!
EWT Events & News:
- Recycling in the Well, March 3/22 – 3/26 : No longer need the research articles you printed last semester? Bring unneeded paper to The Well to recycle! While you're there, learn about other resources that will help you make environmentally friendly decisions. All participants will be entered for a chance to win a gift bag filled with reusable items! Visit us any time during our open hours:
- Monday & Wednesday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday: 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Friday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Spring Semester Bowers Center Virtual Fitness Classes: Virtual Group Fitness classes are available for current employees free of charge for the Spring 2021 semester. Register for classes here.
- Core Conditioning – Monday 7:00pm
- HIIT @ Home - Tuesday 7:00pm
- Stretching with Cassidy – Wednesday 7:00pm
- Yoga with Peggy – Tuesday & Thursday 12:00pm
- Zumba - Wednesday 5:00pm
- Capital Blue Cross FREE Virtual Fitness Classes : For a limited time Capital Blue Cross is offering free virtual fitness classes for both members and nonmembers! Get your heart racing with a HIIT class, wind down with yoga, get your dance on with Zumba, or try something new! Explore the schedule and sign up today! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Desk Workout by Whitney Crull: Grab a quick workout at your desk with this fun workout by Whitney!
- Financial Aid & Tuition Exchange Presentation: View last September's presentation on Financial Aid & Tuition Exchange, led by Melodie Jackson.
- Coronavirus Resource Center: Part of the Capital Blue Cross Healthwise Knowledgebase, this resource offers free infographics, articles, and videos on the symptoms, prevention, and treatment of COVID-19.
- Etown SAWR YouTube Channel: Check out the new Etown SAWR YouTube Channel, where you can find fun and interactive videos such as quick, inexpensive cooking demonstration and workouts you can do at home!
- Meditation Guide: Interested in learning more about the ancient practice of meditation? Check out this guide from the High Library featuring information from Dr. Jeffery Long.