For Transfer Students

If you are considering transferring to Elizabethtown College, you probably have some questions like the ones below. Please contact the Office of Admissions for information on how to apply to the College.

Q: As an international student, do I need to submit a World Education Services (WES) Credential Evaluation?

A: Yes. A WES credential evaluation helps us understand and verify degrees, diplomas, and/or courses earned outside the U.S. For more information, please visit the World Education Services website.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of credits accepted in transfer to Elizabethtown College?

A: Up to 64 credits from a regionally accredited two-year institution and up to 84 credits from a regionally accredited four-year institution can be transferred following evaluation and approval by the Office of Registration and Records. Please note that only those credits being used to fulfill graduation requirements are posted to the transcript.

Q: When will I find out which of my credits are transferable to Elizabethtown College?

A: A preliminary evaluation of your transfer credits will be done upon acceptance to the College. Final evaluations are completed after all official transcripts are received and students have deposited.

Q: When and how do I register for classes?

A: As soon as the matriculation deposit is received by the College, a letter is sent to the student describing the registration process. Students need to meet with an advisor (in person, by email or phone) to discuss appropriate courses for the student's first semester at Elizabethtown. Students are able to register themselves for classes through the college's campus web system (JayWeb).

Q: What if the courses I have completed were taken over five years ago?

A: Many liberal arts courses, for example History or English, are accepted regardless of how long ago they were completed. Education and Computer Science courses are just a few of the areas that, due to changes in methods and/or technology, may not be accepted if required for a major. The academic department governing the major requirements will make this determination.

Q: Do my grades and/or my GPA transfer?

A: No. Only credits transfer to Elizabethtown College. Grades for transfer courses are not posted on the permanent record card, and students begin their studies at Elizabethtown with credits but no GPA.

Q: If I complete an Associate's degree program at my former institution, am I guaranteed Junior status at Elizabethtown?

A: Completion of an Associate's degree does not guarantee the number of credits accepted in transfer or class standing at Elizabethtown.

Q: Is there a special orientation program for transfer students?

A: Yes, special transfer orientations are held both in August and January. The Coordinator of Orientation Programs will plan academic, social and recreational activities to support the transition into the Elizabethtown College community.