ID Photo Guidelines
The most important requirement is that the photo clearly identifies the cardholder. Users who fail to adhere to these guidelines will be notified and asked that a new photo is resubmitted. If an acceptable photo cannot be submitted, the ID will not be produced until the user can be photographed on campus by Campus Security.
- Submit a color photo, taken in last 6 months
- Use a clear image of your face. Do not use filters commonly used on social media.
- Have someone else take your photo. No selfies.
- Take off your eyeglasses for your photo.
- Use a white or blue background
Resolution, Print Size, and Quality
- Submit a photo that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated.
- Do not digitally change the photo
Pose and Expression
- Have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open.
- Face the camera directly with full face in view.
- Prescription glasses may be worn for the photo; however, there should be no reflections from the eyeglasses that obscure the eyes.
- You cannot wear sunglasses.
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless they are needed for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis.
- You cannot wear a hat.
- Head coverings are acceptable due to religious beliefs, provided the head covering shows a full front view of the face, does not cast a shadow onto the face, shows an overall pattern in the fabric or material (not a graphic design).
- You cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
- You can wear jewelry and keep on your facial piercings as long as they do not hide your face. Permanent tattoos are acceptable.
Here are some examples:
Good Background, OK
Glasses with No Glare, OK
Looking away, not OK
|Too Dark, not OK||
Partial Photo, not OK
| Busy Background,
Hats, not OK
|Glasses with Glare, not OK||Sunglasses, not OK|