The following courses are eligible for Called to Lead points. You can find course descriptions in the College Catalog. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you are in one of the courses below.
Each student may earn a maximum of 300 points for academic courses.
FYS 100 - 50 points
Write a 3-page reflection on the following questions (submit through Canvas or email to email@example.com):
- How did your FYS cause you to think about your own role as a leader of situations—even when you don’t hold an official “title”?
- Did you view yourself as a leader (even a servant leader) in your FYS classroom? With your peers in your FYS?
- Did you have any leadership failures in your FYS or with your peers in your FYS? If so, what did you learn?
- How did your FYS challenge you to consider your sense of noble purposes and ethical leadership and service?
- What is one goal that you accomplished your first semester that you are proud of?
Career Courses (1.0 credits) - 75 points each
- CP 170: Career Pathways
- CP 171: Mapping Career Goals and Job Shadowing
- CP 172: Professional Skills Development and Defining Career Goals
- CP 173: Planning for Career and Graduate School
Academic Courses (2.0 and 4.0 credits) - 150 points each
- BA 265-Management and Organizational Behavior
- BA 380-Entrepreneurship
- BA 384-The Family as Entrepreneur
- COM 248-Communication Law and Ethics
- HON 205-Leadership Theory
- HPS 300-HNR Gender and the Law
- ILS 105-Exploring Interfaith Leadership and Service
- PCS 160 Conflict Dynamics and Transformation
PE 172-Introduction to Coaching: A Servant Leadership Approach
- PH 115-HUM Ethics
- PH 255A-Advanced Ethics: Business
- PH 255B-Advanced Ethics: Medicine
- PH 255C-Advanced Ethics: Legal
- PH 255D-Advanced Ethics: Environmental
- REL 151-Life Meaning and Purposeful Work
- SO 270-Law and Social Change
- SO 370-Social Justice
If you think that a course you are taking relates to the themes of Called to Lead (life calling, leadership, ethical commitments, or purposeful life work), then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the course syllabus.