Master of Divinity
Master of Divinity Program
ACCELERATED BACHELOR'S TO MASTER'S PROGRAM: A partnership supporting those who hear a higher calling.
Elizabethtown College's School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) has partnered with Lancaster Theological Seminary (LTS) to offer students an exciting bachelor’s-to-master’s accelerated-admission opportunity. Interested students begin their journey at Elizabethtown College, completing an accelerated bachelor’s degree prior to beginning their coursework in the Master of Divinity (MDiv) program at Lancaster Theological Seminary.
Both Elizabethtown College SCPS and Lancaster Theological Seminary have extensive experience providing quality education to adult learners. We understand your unique needs and challenges and have designed our programs to position you for academic, personal and professional growth and success.
Participating students may pursue any accelerated bachelor’s degree program offered by Elizabethtown College SCPS. All students in the Accelerated Admissions program must complete the following courses:
HS 3100 - Ethical Issues in Human Services
IDC 1050 - Introduction to Philosophy through Environmental Consciousness
PSY 2250 - Developmental Psychology
Choose one writing-intensive course (3 credits):
AL 1200 - Foundations in Accelerated Writing
EN 2810 - Writing and Analyzing the Short Story
IDC 2710 - Introduction to Globalization
IDC 2770 - Poverty in the World of Plenty
REL 2210 - Western Religions in a Global Context
SO 2200 - Race and Ethnic Relations
Course descriptions may be found in the SCPS catalog. These courses can be completed at Elizabethtown College or can be transferred into Elizabethtown College from a previous institution. See Accelerated Admissions agreement for additional requirements students must follow to remain on track for admission to LTS.
To provide maximum flexibility, students may take courses at any of Elizabethtown College School of Continuing and Professional Studies’ three locations or online. Select courses will be held at Lancaster Theological Seminary each semester.
We offer classes in:
What "Accelerated" Means for You:
- Five-week classes meet one or two times a week and can easily fit into your busy life.
- Taking one course at a time helps you stay focused on school, work and family
- Online and blended courses allow you to learn in the comfort and convenience of home.
- Real-world instructors bring relevant, current work experience to enhance classroom teaching.
- Credits transferred from prior college work help you to finish your degree faster.
- Step In/Step Out option lets you take time out for personal or professional reasons without missing a beat.
- Have a minimum of three years of full-time work experience.
- Have graduated from high school or earned a GED. Successful completion of some college coursework is strongly suggested prior to entering an accelerated program, but not required.
- Have writing ability sufficient for success in an accelerated academic program. Writing is an essential component of this program. You will be asked to write an essay that demonstrates your ability to write clearly, use proper grammar and organize your writing into correct compositional expression.
- Have the time to devote to your coursework. Course requirements in a five-week accelerated class can be as high as 15-20 hours per week.
- While the SCPS admission requirements apply to your School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) degree, Lancaster Theological Seminary (LTS) requires each prospective student to submit additional admission materials for consideration in the Master of Divinity (MDiv) program.
- As a benefit of taking part in this partnership initiative, SCPS students wishing to pursue their MDiv will go through an abbreviated admission process with LTS and pay a discounted application fee
Career Opportunities for Graduates:
- Pastoral Counselor
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and one of our counselors will reach out to guide you on your way.