Our goal is to see you graduate.
The programs at Elizabethtown College’s School of Graduate and Professional Studies (SGPS) are specifically designed for working adults with the motivation to go back to school and get their degree. We understand that you need a flexible program that can fit into your already busy life. With 20+ accelerated associate, bachelor’s, certificate, and graduate programs available in blended and online formats, we provide the options that work for you.
The School of Graduate and Professional Studies has been a leader in adult education since 1951 and was among the founding institutions in the consortium of colleges at the Dixon University Center in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Over the last seven decades, SGPS has grown from teaching a few evening classes to the robust program portfolio it offers today. SGPS launched its first fully online major in 2010 and established its first graduate program in 2012.
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE AND PROFESSIONAL STUDIES MISSION
We enrich learner's lives through transformative lifelong learning experiences that foster a sense of belonging, provides intellectual growth, and empower individuals to serve the community.
Signature Program Features
- Undergraduate classes run for five-week sessions; graduate courses run for eight-week sessions.
- Students typically take one course at a time, promoting work-life balance.
- Online courses let you learn in the comfort and convenience of your home.
- Instructors with real-world experience bring relevant, current work experience to the classroom.
- Credits transferred from prior college work help you finish your degree faster.
- Step In/Step Out option allows you to set the pace for your learning and degree completion.