School System Accountability
School System Accountability
Elizabethtown College’s School System Accountability Certificate is designed for educators and educational administrators with an interest in improving organizational accountability, school and system performance, and stakeholder engagement. The program will focus on an analysis of accountability systems from various industries and the creation of a new model for educational accountability.
- Understand and articulate the history of the educational reform movement, its intention, and the associated pitfalls of an over reliance on standardized testing.
- Analyze the unique characteristics of personal, internal, professional and organizational accountability.
- Describe the benefits and challenges of implementing new models of organizational accountability in schools.
- Create and implement a communication plan based on student benefit designed to improve stakeholder engagement.
- Devise a system for defining, articulating and measuring student benefit across a school system.
REQUEST INFOarrow_right_alt APPLY nowarrow_right_alt
Credits Required: 12
- 10% Alumni Scholarship
- 10% Affinity Partner Scholarship
Tuition and fees are reviewed and subject to change annually.
Etown Master's in Education Programs:
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
M.Ed. in Special Education
Master of Music Education
More Graduate Certificates in Education:
Integrative STEM Education Endorsement
ESL Program Specialist
Trauma Informed Practice
Interdisciplinary Autism Support
To be eligible to apply to a graduate certificate, you must:
- have official transcripts conferring a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher (waivers can be granted based on professional work experience and other factors)
- have a minimum of three years of professional leadership/management experience
- have time to devote to your coursework; in an accelerated program, time spent outside of class is considerable
Please feel free to contact or meet with our admissions team at any point during the application process. Our admissions counselors are not only a great resource to guide you through the process and answer questions, they are skilled at helping our applicants find the best program and options to help them reach their goals!
How to Apply: Complete the graduate application process via the online portal which will also include:
- Submitting a $25 nonrefundable application fee (Waived for Elizabethtown College graduates).
- Uploading your current resume.
- Requesting official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended.
- Uploading a 1-2 page essay addressing your:
- motivation for pursuing the graduate certificate
- statement of professional goals
- goals for the application of the graduate certificate to your professional life
Our experienced Admissions staff is here to help. Fill out a brief contact form and we will reach out to help you get started.