Internships are an important part of Experiential Learning. Simply put, having internship experience allows you to better understand prospective work environments and allows you to make networking connections as well as gain real world skills. Depending on your career goals, your internship experiences can vary widely. Employers value internship experiences and this may help to set you apart from other candidates when interviewing for an entry level position.
Students can explore career choices by utilizing online career resources or meeting with a career counselor. Drop in hours are available throughout most of the calendar year. Call, stop by or email career services. (717-361-1206, Brossman Commons Suite 201, email@example.com)
Check out our new Wings of Success Internship Program. We help guide students through the process of finding a non-credit summer internship. Click here for more information or Contact Tina MacKenzie, Asst. Director of Internships & Employer Engagement.
IGO-NGO Internship Support
Are you looking for financial support for conducting internship abroad at an Intergovernmental (IGO) or Nongovernmental Organization (NGO)?
For questions or inquiries, please contact Dr. Oya Ozkanca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs for Jays weekly internship listings
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- CareerConnect - Connect with business professionals for internship opportunities, job shadowing, mentoring and more
- Charles Koch Foundation - Career Resources and opportunities, including jobs and internships
- Job Gateway - Get career assistance, search and apply for jobs, make valuable connections and create/ manage your resume
- Jobs for Jays
- List of websites by major
- Museum Internships
- Interested in a mock interview? Many students enjoy practicing and refining their interview skills by participating in a mock interview. Call, email or stop by Career Services to set up an appointment.
- Project Vote Smart - "The Project Vote Smart National Internship Program provides a unique lesson in the study of American politics."
Smithsonian Newsletter - A great resource for students looking to intern at the Smithsonian.
Evaluation sites/ offers
For International Students
Making the most of your internship
Questions to Consider Before Applying