Self Install Microsoft Office 2013
- Computer must be on campus, with a wired network connection to the college network.
- Network drives must be mapped.
- Allow about 30 minutes to install. You may need to reboot the computer several times.
- If the "bitness" of your current version of Office 2010 is not 32 bit, you will have to uninstall Office 2010 before installing Office 2013.
- Verify the bit version of Office 2010.
- Uninstall Office 2010 if the bit version of Office 2010 is 64 bit.
- Outlook 2013 Account Settings must be corrected or you may miss messages. Directions for correction.
Upgrade - Installation Impact
The following is a brief list of common Office 2010 customizations that are retained or lost during the upgrade or installation of Office 2013.
- All document files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Outlook Signatures
- Words Added to Custom Dictionary
- Commands added to the Quick Access bar
- Changes to Normal template
- Default font, how to recreate
- Default paragraph settings, how to recreate
- AutoText, how to recreate
- Taskbar icons for Office applications, how to recreate
- Office applications listed on Start menu, how to recreate