The Office of Student Activities
BSC Posting Policy
Office of Student Activities oversees all posting inside the BSC including but not limited to railing banners, window markers, flyers, concourse wires, walls etc. OSA reserves the right to take down anything not approved that is posted or hung in the BSC at anytime.
All approved student organizations and College offices or departments are able to submit flyers to the Office of Student Activities to be publicly posted in the BSC. OSA staff will approve, hang, and remove all postings. Approval for postings happens in the HUB (to the left of mail services) and operating hours are Monday-Friday from 10am-7pm.
- Postings can be up to 8.5 x14”
- Up to 7 copies of a posting can be dropped off at the Hub; OSA will NOT make copies or print emailed postings
- Approved postings will be hung within 24 hours (items dropped off on Friday will be hung on Monday)
- Postings will be removed and discarded after the event deadline
- All postings must clearly identify the sponsoring student organization or college department
- Only OSA staff may hang and remove postings on bulletin boards and flyer strips throughout. Posting on walls, railings, etc. is prohibited
- Any unapproved postings found in the BSC will be removed
Postings which contain the following are prohibited and will not be approved. The College will remove all postings which:
- Are not from a College-approved organization
- Violate law or College policy
- Promote or incite behavior violating law or College policy
- Constitute a demonstrable threat or harassment
- Defame an individual or group
- Consist of obscene images, photos, or representations
- Unreasonably invade individual privacy
- Contain unapproved commercial advertisements
- Disrupt the normal operations of the College
Off Campus businesses or organizations wishing to post in the BSC must adhere to the above guidelines. OSA will accept ONE copy of a posting for an off-campus business. IMPORTANT NOTE: Postings in the Residence Halls must be submitted to the Office of Residence Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval. Posting in academic buildings is at the discretion of the specific offices and departments that are housed in each building.
Banner/Window Market Request
OSA-made banners or BSC Window Art can be requested via JayWeb. Use of stand-alone frames or the marquee at the bottom of the Marketplace stairs can be requested by emailing OSA@etown.edu.
2 Week Rule
- Requests must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks (14 full days) before the day your club/department wants the banner/window markers completed and hung. (i.e. If you want the banner hung on September 15th , it needs to be filled out on or before September 1 st or it will not be considered.)
- The banner and window requests will only stay up/hung for 7 days.
- If your club/department would like the banner to stay up longer than 7 days, then another banner request form must be submitted. Again, this is not guaranteed as this is based on a first-come, first-served basis and space available.
- These request are completed on a first-come, first-served basis and rush orders are not accepted.
- Submitting a request does not guarantee our ability to complete it.
- There is limited space for banners - please keep this in mind.
- Double check the informaiton before submitting the request as it will be written exactly how it is submitted.
- OSA Publicity reserves the right to make changes or reject your request at any time.
Approval for use of wires on second floor over concourse and posting on the wall across from the HUB must be approved through Brooke Hollinger, email@example.com. If approval is not obtained they will be removed without notification.