2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
The 2018–2019 FAFSA is available on October 1, 2017. You can submit it online at www.fafsa.gov. To complete the FAFSA, you'll need the following:
- Your FSA ID* — In order to sign your FAFSA electronically, you will need an FSA ID. You can help to prevent processing delays by getting an FSA ID before you begin the FAFSA.Tip : Make sure to record all FSA ID passwords and security questions.
- Your social security number* —If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will also need your Alien Registration Number.
- Email Address
- Your driver’s license number
- Your tax records* — Use income records from the required tax year. If you have filed your taxes already, you may be able to automatically import your tax information into the FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. Tax records may include IRS forms 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ, and W-2 Forms.
- Records of your untaxed income* — Records and documentation of other untaxed income received such as welfare benefits, Social Security income, veteran’s benefits, military or clergy allowances, child support received, money received or paid on your behalf, etc. (if applicable).
- Records of all your assets* — This includes savings and checking account balances, certificates of deposit, 529 plans and other college savings programs, as well as investments such as stocks, bonds, real estate, businesses or farms.
- List of the school(s) you are interested in attending —We will use your FAFSA information to determine the types and amounts of financial aid you may receive. Elizabethtown College’s school code is – 003262.
*If you’re a dependent student, you will need this information for your parent(s) as well.
Students will report income information from an earlier tax year on the FAFSA. Refer to the table below to determine which year's income information to use:
|IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND COLLEGE FROM||YOU CAN SUBMIT THE FAFSA FROM||USING TAX INFORMATION FROM|
|July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017||January 1, 2016 - June 30,2017||2015|
|July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018||October 1, 2016 - June 30, 2018||2015|
|July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019||October 1, 2017 - June 30, 2019||2016|
|July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020||October 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020||2017|
Contact Elizabethtown College's Financial Aid Office with any questions about the FAFSA application or the financial aid process.
Dependent students are required to report parent information on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) For reporting purposes, "PARENT" means your legal (biological or adoptive) parent or stepparent, or a person that the state has determined to be your legal parent.
Changes to the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for the 2018-2019 FAFSA .
The IRS Data Retrieval Tool allows students and parents to access the IRS tax return information needed to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and transfer the data directly into their FAFSA from the IRS Web site.
- The IRS DRT remains the fastest, most accurate way to input your tax return information into the FAFSA form.
- For your privacy, the tax information you transfer from the IRS into your FAFSA form will not be visible to you. Instead, you will see “Transferred from the IRS” in the appropriate fields on fafsa.gov, the IRS DRT web page, and on the Student Aid Report.
For more information on the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, click here.