Diversity Plan Goals
The experience of even one student feeling harassed or threatened because of his or her personal attributes is reason enough for the College to renew its dedication to creating a just, welcoming, and diverse environment in which deep learning can flourish. To capture the ideas and sentiments of the campus community and advance programs that embrace inclusive excellence, the Diversity Task Force recommends the following five goals:
- Goal 1 - Affirm a commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence and allocate the appropriate resources necessary for implementing the institutional diversity plan.
- Goal 2 - Create a safe and welcoming campus climate that promotes and respects the human dignity of all regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status,religion, ability, gender, gender identity and expression, age and national origin.
- Goal 3 - Develop intentional efforts and opportunities that facilitate interaction among diverse groups on campus.
- Goal 4 - Build a more diverse and welcoming campus.
- Goal 5 - Establish a diverse learning environment that advances the College’s commitment to inclusive excellence.